Cloud Security Engineer
Bank of America
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
About Bank of America – Global Technology:
Global Technology delivers technology services globally across the bank’s eight lines of business that serve individuals, companies, and institutions. The team also focuses on digital banking, payments, infrastructure, data management and technology that enhances cyber security, and risk and capital management. Innovation is at the heart of all Global Technology does.
Enterprise Cloud Platforms Team:
Enterprise Cloud Platforms team in the CTI organization offers Private and Public Cloud platforms for Bank of America’s developers to drive faster time-to-market, innovation with private and public cloud capabilities, and reduce complexity with bult-in integrations. We believe in high quality engineering culture to engineer our platforms with customer and platform mindset, design for large enterprise scale and resilience, and accelerate market innovation into the technical platforms we deliver.
As part of this team, you will have a large impact on the evolution of next generation Cloud services for Bank of America and explore an extensive list of new technologies that will drive innovation across our company.
- Confirm that application and business requirements have been translated into technical definitions, reference models, blueprints, and playbooks to guide development and integration of technology solutions.
- Mentor Infrastructure resources on infrastructure service along with application integration validation methods and tools.
- Review and guide the evaluation of reference models, blueprints and playbooks to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Review and may develop software solutions to address manual and repeatable work or inefficient processes.
- Assist and mentor Infrastructure Engineers by ensuring that technology solutions comply with enterprise system design and engineering standards.
- Contribute to the creation/selection of functional and non-functional product evaluation requirements within and across domains.
- Review and guide the execution of on-site evaluations of third-party products being considered for firm adoption.
- Promote an inclusive and healthy working environment and help to resolve organizational impediments/blockers.
- Minimum of a 4 year degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years’ experience in infrastructure
- Hands on experience designing and deploying infrastructure controls at scale in an enterprise environment
- Develop and implement approaches to security assessment of cloud provider services and offerings
- Drafts statements of residual risk taking into account the control environment that exists and mitigating factors
- Assist in the performance of Security Desigh Reviews (SDR) for all cloud services in support of Global Information Security (GIS) requirements
- Work closely with engineering teams to influence and drive the adoption of both security and non-security related best practices and procedures as in-line controls.
- Interface with partner teams both within and outside of Enterprise Cloud Platforms (ECP), including GIS, engineering, and architecture teams.
- Remains abreast of changes in the external control landscape, for example changes to standard promulgated by NIST, CSA, etc. as well as various regulations (FFIEC, etc.)
- Experience with relevant technical implementations of various controls and creating traceability from the definition of the control to the way that it was implemented in e.g., Azure Policy, AWS SCP, Hashicorp Sentinel, and other implementation tools.
- Identifies gaps in control coverage, both in security and non-security related areas.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to adjust to technical and non-technical audiences at various levels across the organization, from executives to engineers
- Good understanding and work experience in an Enterprise Environment
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision and collaborate effectively with local and remote co-workers
- Good communication skills, self-motivated, positive attitude and ability to work in a global team environment
- Proven timely delivery of key infrastructure and products
- Ability to handle highly volatile support with platform and clients spanning multiple time zones
- Resolve and influence the positive outcome of conflicting objectives and priorities
- Experience creating technical documentation and training materials
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40