Global Equity Business Control Manager
Bank of America
Job Title: Global Equity Business Control Manager
Corporate Title: Vice President
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities, and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
Find us at our Central Park office, Leopardstown, where you will find our state-of-the-art facilities based in Dublin’s premium business park. With an onsite gym, staff restaurant and coffee shop, all your daily needs are conveniently catered for. There are also a range of travel options available to staff, including the LUAS network and the Central Park shuttle service between Dublin City Centre and Central Park, which means getting to work has never been so easy.
This role is primarily to provide Operation Risk & Control support for Global Market Operations. Working in a global team, and in close partnership with the global LOB leads, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting risk and control processes and providing assessment of control and risk issues for Global Market Operations. In doing so, the candidate will need to be able to understand and articulate complex global operational processes and partner with key risk and compliance stakeholders. In addition the role will help ensure responses to internal and external exams and assessments are a complete and accurate representation of Global Market Operations.
- You will have proven experience in drafting communications and presentation materials intended for senior audiences
- You will have experience in a Risk, Compliance or Audit Environment
- You will perform independent risk assessments based on key risk and environmental risk.
- You will present findings and opinions to senior management
- You will assist the Line of Business with development or enhancement of control policies and procedures
- You will understand root cause, make recommendations for improvements to operational processes and facilitate any changes.
- You will collate SPI control documentation from the Line of Business throughout the year, as process/controls/staffing changes occur.
- You will support the Global Market Operations risk and control teams in horizontal initiatives.
What we are looking for:
- You will have good organizational, planning, communication, and presentation skills with attention to detail.
- You will have excellent project management skills.
- You will be a self-starter with the ability to influence, build trusted relationships, deal constructively with conflict, and adapt to a fast-paced environment involving multiple and simultaneous deliverable
- Broad exposure to the front to back processes across Global Markets Operations an advantage.
- Proven experience in drafting communications and presentation materials intended for senior audiences is essential.
Benefits of working at Bank of America
- Private healthcare for you and your family plus an annual health screen to help you manage your physical wellness with the option to purchase a screen for your partner
- Competitive pension plan, life assurance and group income protection cover if you become unable to work because of a disability or health reasons
- 20 days of back-up childcare including virtual tutoring and 20 days of adult-care per annum
- Ability to change your core benefits as well as the option of selecting a variety of flexible benefits to suit your personal circumstances including access to a wellbeing account, travel insurance, specified illness cover etc
- Use of a flex fund to use towards benefits
- Access to free counselling through an Employee Assistance Programme and virtual GP services
- Opportunity to donate to charities of your choice directly through payroll and the bank will match your contribution
- Opportunity to join our Arts & Culture corporate membership programme and receive discounted entry to some of the UK and Ireland’s most iconic cultural institutions
- Opportunity to give back to your community, develop new skills and work with new groups of people by volunteering in your local area
Bank of America
Good conduct and sound judgment are crucial to our long-term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications, and experience.
We strive to ensure that our recruitment processes are accessible for all candidates and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.