TGS Plant IT Business Partner Lead Greater Asia
Job Description Summary
We are the makers of possible
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world. Advancing the world of health™ is our Purpose, and it’s no small feat. It takes the imagination and passion of all of us—from design and engineering to the manufacturing and marketing of our billions of MedTech products per year—to look at the impossible and find transformative solutions that turn dreams into possibilities.
Why Join Us?
A career at BD means learning and working alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. You will have the opportunity to help shape the trajectory of BD while leaving a legacy at the same time.
To find purpose in the possibilities, we need people who can see the bigger picture, who understand the human story that underpins everything we do. We welcome people with the imagination and drive to help us reinvent the future of health. At BD, you’ll discover a culture in which you can learn, grow and thrive. And find satisfaction in doing your part to make the world a better place.
Become a maker of possible with us!
As the TGS representative, you are responsible for leading a team of TGS Plant IT leads that partner with local Plant Managers and their site leadership teams to drive and shape demand for new requests and to ensure day to day manufacturing and quality operations at a site level, are enabled through the continued availability of TGS supported technologies.
You will also manage a team of individuals (both TGS and from an outsourced partner), who are responsible for driving and shaping demand as well as ensuring the delivery of Technology & Global Services (TGS) solutions for the Manufacturing, Plant Maintenance and Quality control and Quality engineering functions at all the manufacturing sites in Greater Asia.
Accountable for ensuring that the full portfolio of manufacturing-specific TGS work for the region, is delivered as planned and includes ensuring corresponding projects, plans, status reports, compliance and regulatory measures, resources, etc. are in place for all manufacturing and related DC locations, in the Greater Asia region.
Serve as a point of escalation for the regional Plant Managers and their direct leadership team as well as the BU VP’s of Operations and their direct leadership teams.
Required to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the regional Manufacturing function is proactively supported and is provided with strategic thought leadership when it comes to improving and increasing the use case of technology at a site level, including Industry 4.0 and Smart Factory (digital) opportunities.
Great opportunity for someone to facilitate building a strong, collaborative, trusted partnership between the regional Plant IT and regional Plant Management teams. This role needs to bring together the appropriate technology, process and workplace solutions so they contribute to the overall Operations (Manufacturing, Plant Maintenance, Smart Factory and Quality) agenda of the region.
This leadership position reports directly to the TGS Plant IT Business Partner Lead EMEA & GA and will serve on their leadership team as well as various other councils that support the regional plant management and ops technology innovation teams.
The objective of this role is to actively partner with the regional Operations teams to ensure their day to day operational technology challenges are addressed and that their strategic priorities are understood, including defining ways on how TGS can support and advance those objectives.
- Developing a deep knowledge of the regional Manufacturing environment, including the key driver goals, short and long-term roadmaps, key personnel at a region/BU level.
- Establish and earn a value-adding, strategic partner relationship with the regional Plant management team and the regional Plant IT and the entire TGS function.
- Partner with the TGS Central Teams Manufacturing & Plant Maintenance lead, the regional Plant Management leads and the operations technology innovation leads to plan new joint initiatives, evaluate proposals, and determine how they fit into roadmaps and priorities.
- Identify and define new opportunities to leverage technology and/or process re-design to advance business strategies that directly contribute to cost optimization and/or risk mitigation and compliance.
- Lead, coach, and develop a team of BD IT Partners who are each responsible for managing multiple sites and outsourced support staff.
- Manage and facilitate TGS’ partner teams to ensure delivery provides the desired outcomes as well as work with other TGS Business Partners and Core Areas of Delivery to ensure that solutions are not siloed and that they are informed by and aligned to BD’s enterprise roadmaps
- Ensure projects and initiatives are delivered, providing consistent and effective communication on status, managing escalation and avoiding risk.
- Build Knowledge and capability in Manufacturing technologies and processes in emerging technologies as well as improvements to existing investments by keeping abreast of industry trends and subject matter expertise in usage of new trends.
- Serve as a continuous connector.
The ideal candidate will bring a combination of operational understanding and strategic thinking, have both business and technology experience and have exceptional relationship building skills with a solution-oriented mindset.
In addition, this person should also possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, business or a related field is strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of business working experience in a technology function
- Accomplished in multiple process and technology capabilities across Manufacturing ideally in the Med device sector.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead large teams and service providers, remotely
- Ability to influence and break down silos within an organization as well across organizations
- Ability to communicate complex business / technical challenges in a simplified manner
- Familiarity with continuous improvement and project management approaches, tools, and phases
- Exceptional ability to lead change using positive and collaborative methods
- Highly collaborative work style which includes working effectively across all organizational levels
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization and in overcoming ambiguity
- Leading by example, mentoring, and motivating others around them
- Analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent judgment and decision-making
- Able to align and work with diverse stakeholders
- Strong humility, listening, creativity, and negotiation skills
- Accept ownership
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
To learn more about BD visit: https://bd.com/careers