Area Sales Manager-Hospital
Job Description Summary
Area Sales Manager - Hospital Sales
Graduate , MBA – Marketing (preferred)
2-3 years in Hospital channel of Pharma / Medical Company / MBA post MT Program
The main purpose of this position is to grow the business in all key accounts under coverage by
creating demand for the medical products through personal contacts with key users, influencers and through education.
- Cover institution and customers (doctors, nurses, paramedics, retailers & distributors) as defined
- Promote product range as peer norms.
- Build and maintain relationships with all customers through an effective contact program with users, influencers and procurement agents
- Handle all customer complaints satisfactorily.
- Gather market information on competitor activities, trends & practices and communicate them in a timely manner to Sales Manager – Hospital Sales and the concerned Marketing Managers.
- Ensure that orders generated from institutions are supplied on time and in full (quantity & range).
- Identify market opportunities and communicate it to Sales Manager – Hospital Sales and the concerned Marketing Manager
- Organize, conduct in service workshops and train users on BD products.
- Manage distributors / retailers on aspects of stock planning, claim settlement and pricing
- Ensure that collections are made as per agreed norms from institutions where BD makes direct supplies.
- Coordinate on a regular basis with other Medical System members on information sharing and communicating the same to relevant members in BD.
- Identify tender/rate contract opportunities on institutions under coverage and ensure timely communication to sales manager- Hospital Sales and make submissions or same in a timely and proper manner.
- Grow sales in area of influence by selecting and developing approved new accounts. Broadening the product range/volume in the existing customer base.
- Achieve targets as agreed with the Regional Sales Manager.
- Maintain MIS in the agreed formats for
- Customer Profiling / Prospecting
- Must Call list updation / field reporting
- Secondary sales statement and monitoring
Unique Knowledge & Skills
- Persuasive Communication Skills
- Presentation and negotiation Skills
- Analytical Problem Solving
- Product Knowledge
BD SUCCESS FACTORS
- Customer Orientation
- Result Orientation
Contacts (Internal & External)
- Regional Sales Manager
- ASM – Distributor Sales
- Regional Commercial Manager / Executive
- Product Specialists – DHC
- Marketing / Product Manager – Medical Systems
- Other Business Associates
- Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics
- Purchase Officers
- Retailers, Distributors, Hospital Suppliers
- Infection Control Specialists
The key challenges in this position is to project BD or create an image of BD, as an organization promoting best medical practices in terms of education and retaining / growing key accounts.
Problem Solving & Decision Making
All issues related to Institutional sales within the ambit of the Company’s rules and policies.