Technical Customer Support Specialist
Customer Support Specialist
What You'll Do:
The Technical Customer Support Specialist [Internally titled Customer Support Specialist] is at the core of service delivery for the Billtrust Support organization. You will be accountable for interacting daily with customers across a variety of communication means (phone, email, web, chat), while managing a fluid support case workload. Playing a role as a trusted Billtrust advocate, you will utilize strong relationship-building skills to enhance our overall customer experience. By applying organizational, time management, and sound technical skills you will research incoming production issues, assess customer tutorial needs and answer a diverse array of product inquiries. You will be responsible for monitoring their caseload with a sense of urgency to ensure established service levels are satisfied while delivering timely responses/expectations to customers. Lastly, this role will often work with customers to review/gather business requirements in advance of directing various configuration changes.
- Maintains high-level of customer satisfaction (CSAT) handling customer-facing support inquiries via all communication channels comprised of product questions, production issues, and configuration requests
- Effectively translates customer needs/problems into solutions or internal support plans of action
- Reviews workload diligently to stay ahead of customer expectations and in accordance with established service standards
- Manages difficult customer situations (i.e. - escalations) that require base knowledge of Billtrust products, internal systems, and customer-facing applications
- Identifies production issue trends and manages appropriately within leadership escalation path
- Maintains continual awareness of new products as they are introduced
- Consistently documents support cases in Salesforce and updates knowledge base when applicable
What You'll Bring:
- Proven experience in a technical support role, preferably within a SaaS company or related industry - 2+ Years preferred
- Strong technical skillset including a demonstrated understanding of software technologies, web functionality, troubleshooting, and data file processing
- Ability to utilize CRM technology to document and manage customer support issues
- Previous experience working with defined operating protocols, systems processes, and service level agreements (SLA)
- Critical thinker with the ability to interface with various internal support partners to derive solutions
- Active listener who seeks to understand the root cause of issues and understand the "why" behind the issue
- Strong verbal (building relationships) and written (documenting answers) customer engagement skills
- Persistent work ethic with a positive, team player mentality
- Proven capability to apply or learn SQL techniques is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
Base Compensation: $52,000.00 - $76,000.00 + (bonus offered in addition to base compensation)
Please note that the compensation information is a good faith estimate and is provided pursuant to Equal Pay Laws. Billtrust intends to offer the selected candidate base pay dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience. Our Talent Acquisition team will provide more information about the total compensation package for this position during the interview process.
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Billtrust, we celebrate and support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. So, if your experience aligns but doesn't exactly match each and every qualification, apply anyway. You may be exactly what we are looking for!
What You'll Get:
- Work from Anywhere: Our state of the art office, your home, a company paid WeWork.... you decide!
- A Culture that Lives its Values: Our values are not just words or window dressing, they guide our decisions - big and small - each and every day.
- Flexible Working Hours: We support your lifestyle- the results are what count.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Sabbatical: A paid leave to reward longevity and commitment to Billtrust.
- Paid Parental Leave: To promote parent-child bonding and increase gender equity at home and in the workplace.
- Opportunities for Growth: Professional development can take many shapes. Join one of our seven ERGs or participate in our Mentor-Mentee, Leadership, and High-Potential Programs- we foster an environment where all employees can grow.
- Recognition: From Billtrust Bucks and Gongings to Culture Champion and Founders Awards, our employees are recognized for hard work and outcomes achieved.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, short-term and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, HSA, and life, cancer, and AD&D insurance.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
Who We Are:
Billtrust is a leading provider of cloud-based software and integrated payment processing solutions that simplify and automate B2B commerce. Accounts receivable is broken and relies on conventional processes that are outdated, inefficient, manual and largely paper based. Billtrust is at the forefront of the digital transformation of AR, providing mission-critical solutions that span credit decisioning and monitoring, online ordering, invoice delivery, payments and remittance capture, invoicing, cash application and collections. Our platform has processed $1 trillion+ invoice dollars and we have seen 28% year-over-year software & payments revenue growth (2021). With more than 2,400 customers, we have helped companies like GlobalTranz, United Rentals, Acushnet and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently.
For more than 20 years, we have achieved remarkable success and we attribute our growth to our people and culture. We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas - even with our CEO - and to challenge the status quo every day.#LI-Remote