Analyst, Global Corporate Reporting
About this role
An analyst is required to join the External Reporting team to assist with the day-to-day operations related to Corporate Controls and Consolidation responsibilities. The wider External Reporting/Corporate Controls group works on the quarterly earnings release, SEC-related filings, EPS and share count calculations, preparation of monthly senior management reports, and maintenance of the global balance sheet reconciliation system, and monthly consolidation process. The team...Description
About this role
An analyst is required to join the External Reporting team to assist with the day-to-day operations related to Corporate Controls and Consolidation responsibilities. The wider External Reporting/Corporate Controls group works on the quarterly earnings release, SEC-related filings, EPS and share count calculations, preparation of monthly senior management reports, and maintenance of the global balance sheet reconciliation system, and monthly consolidation process. The team is also responsible for the consolidation of BlackRock’s books and records.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly senior management reports, including global flash and balance sheet reports.
- Assist in coordinating and leading monthly meetings with controllers in Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific regions to review monthly close reports.
- Assist in creating pro-forma P&L and balance sheet templates for deliverables from global controllers.
- Liaise with controllers globally and all levels of management as required to gather responses to time-sensitive inquiries.
- Global Administrator of balance sheet reconciliation system ARCS.
- Assist with the Global Consolidation process utilizing Oracle FCCS.
- Assists with the balance sheet reconciliation reviews.
- Engage and manage ad hoc projects (system upgrades, user acceptance testing, process improvements and training manual updates).
- Compile documentation for our auditors and SOX teams on a quarterly basis
- Liaise with controllers globally and all levels of management as required to gather responses to time-sensitive inquiries
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting
- 1-3 years of experience with audit, accounting or financial systems including monthly and quarterly close processes.
- CPA or CPA candidate is a plus.
- The qualified individual must be detailed oriented and have the ability to work in a rapidly changing and challenging environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required for interaction with all levels globally.
- Accounting ERP/systems knowledge of Oracle Cloud, HFM/FCCS, SmartView and ARCS/Blackline/Cadency preferred but not required.
- Proficient skills in MS Office (Excel (Advanced), PowerPoint and Word).
For New York City only: The salary range for this position is $76,000 – $90,000. Additionally, employees are eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, and benefits including heath care, leave benefits, and retirement benefits. BlackRock operates a pay-for-performance compensation philosophy and your total compensation may vary based on role, location, and firm, department and individual performance.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.