Administrative Business Lead
About this role
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of 30 September 2023, BlackRock managed $9.1 trillion across equity, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset, and cash management strategies for our institutional and retail clients. With 70 offices in 30 countries, BlackRock is a truly global firm that can combine the benefits of worldwide reach with...Description
About this role
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of 30 September 2023, BlackRock managed $9.1 trillion across equity, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset, and cash management strategies for our institutional and retail clients. With 70 offices in 30 countries, BlackRock is a truly global firm that can combine the benefits of worldwide reach with local service and relationships. We manage assets for clients in North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia, the Middle East, and Africa.
The Global Product Group (GPG) innovates, develops, and commercializes products and portfolio solutions to help clients invest. GPG strives to catalyze firm growth by delivering for clients on the biggest asset management trends through expertly designed, scalable products and solutions.
BlackRock is recruiting for an Administrative Business Lead/Partner for the Global Product Group. This position is based in our New York office. The role will primarily support 1 Managing Director (Chief Production Innovation Officer and co-Head of GPG).
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Handle a broad range of duties from day-to-day operational activities to interactions with senior BlackRock and partner firm executives and their assistants.
- Collaborate and partner with other administrative assistants in GPG to ensure appropriate cross-region collaboration and team coverage as needed. Build relationships and partner with other assistants across the firm.
- Manage the daily schedule of the Chief Product Innovation Officer, anticipate necessary background material, directions and other items required for each activity on the schedule. Maintain busy calendars, schedule meetings, ensure managers arrive to meetings on time.
- Handle a large volume of travel planning including airline reservations, hotel accommodations, car rental reservations, car service arrangements and driving directions as needed.
- Process and track expense reports and reimbursements (with assistance of outside vendor).
- Meet/greet visitors/clients, answer phones, coordinate conference rooms/meal arrangements.
- Assist with planning and arrangement of internal team huddle meetings, including securing venue, restaurant reservations, meals, prep of meeting materials, etc.
- Produce letters, memoranda, presentations, reports, etc. as necessary; proofread documents for appropriate grammar, punctuation, and spelling; file and make copies as required.
- Perform ad hoc projects as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 5 years of corporate administrative experience in role(s) that interfaced with external clients and executive management; college degree preferred.
- Superior time management skills, detail orientation, flexibility; able to handle many concurrent assignments/meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy in a potentially high-pressure environment.
- Keen collaborator, proficient at working closely with others on a team and in an evolving work environment.
- Able to operate with discretion, keeping sensitive/confidential information private.
- Strong problem solving, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willingness to take initiative, accept responsibility and produce results; self-starter with the ability to work independently and with minimal guidance.
- Excellent phone manner and management a must.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Suite: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Experience and proficiency working with automated expense tracking, online travel etc.
For New York City only: The salary range for this position is $90,000 – $140,000. Additionally, employees are eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, and benefits including heath care, leave benefits, and retirement benefits. BlackRock operates a pay-for-performance compensation philosophy and your total compensation may vary based on role, location, and firm, department and individual performance.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.