Vice President, Application Engineer
About this role
The Global Digital Team, including Digital Data Platforms and Digital Experiences, is a fast-growing global function at BlackRock which seeks to engage a multi-trillion-dollar audience of investors, advisors, and institutions with our diverse range of investment products. We are at the center of a company-wide focus on expanding our footprint in the digital space and we operate at the intersection of design, technology, and data. We are constantly driving digital innovation...Description
About this role
The Global Digital Team, including Digital Data Platforms and Digital Experiences, is a fast-growing global function at BlackRock which seeks to engage a multi-trillion-dollar audience of investors, advisors, and institutions with our diverse range of investment products. We are at the center of a company-wide focus on expanding our footprint in the digital space and we operate at the intersection of design, technology, and data. We are constantly driving digital innovation across the domains of web, mobile apps, conversational AI, data models and analytics; while simultaneously driving their implementation, scale, and local adaptations globally.
As we take an innovative approach for our clients, we are building out our team and we’re looking for an A-player to join our Digital Experiences global team.
- Collaborating with designers, writing front-end code and unit tests, working on the front-end architecture
- Spearheading the development of our frontend stack, architecting, and building frontend projects
- Being involved in inception to delivery of various features and products on a results-oriented and exciting product roadmap
- Working with project managers, technical leads, business owners, and analysts through the entire SDLC, understanding and refining systems requirements, working in Agile model
- Working closely and reviewing visual designs regularly with user-experience and design team
- Keeping abreast of the new front-end web development technologies; integrate them with the existing systems
- Understanding and supporting existing systems, and resolve operations issues while working with other engineering staff located across the globe
- Being curious and eager to learn new things, with a healthy disrespect for the status quo
- Willing to embrace work outside of your comfort zone, and open to mentorship from others; you make mistakes, but learn from them
- Being passionate about technology, with personal ownership for the work you do
Essential skills / experience
Is a must:
- 6+ years hands-on development experience on the front-end development with single page application frameworks like Angular, React.
- Knowledge and experience of working with TypeScript.
- Experience with Unit testing (Jest, Vitest).
- Solid understanding and experience of HTML 5 and CSS 3.
- Hands-on experience in developing pixel perfect CSS driven, table-less HTML for all new projects, following development standards and templates as well as industry best practices.
- Ability of writing clean, future proof code with proper unit testing.
- Knowledge of at least one distributed version control system ideally Git.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Willing to work with global project teams spread across several time zones.
- Understanding the Agile project management disciplines, with an emphasis on Scrum.
- Strong collaboration, communication, and time management abilities.
- Experience with NGRX or Redux or similar state management.
Is a plus:
- Knowledge and interest in the financial services industry domain.
- Experience with Azure DevOps.
- Experience in an e2e testing framework like Playwright or Selenium.
- Experience with responsive web development, mobile and video technologies.
- Experience supporting Unix/Linux platforms.
- Experience in developing websites for accessibility.
- Experience in leading a development team.
- Working with design systems or developing according to design system specifications.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.