Business Manager - Aladdin Data, Vice President
About this role
Business Manager – Aladdin Data
Are you a Business Manager who is looking for an exciting, challenging, multi-faceted role with the world's largest asset manager? Do you pride yourself on building positive relationships, taking ownership and bringing strategic visions to fruition? Look no further. BlackRock is pursuing a VP, Business Manager supporting the Aladdin Data organization. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will accept your rare skills, eagerness,...Description
About this role
Business Manager – Aladdin Data
Are you a Business Manager who is looking for an exciting, challenging, multi-faceted role with the world's largest asset manager? Do you pride yourself on building positive relationships, taking ownership and bringing strategic visions to fruition? Look no further. BlackRock is pursuing a VP, Business Manager supporting the Aladdin Data organization. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will accept your rare skills, eagerness, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow professionally and as an individual.
As a Business Manager, you will help ensure that Aladdin Data has crafted a scalable operating model for the business activities supported. This includes leading our vendor partners, ensuring financial strength and operational efficiency, and ensuring the team runs effectively and efficiently. This role reports to the COO for Aladdin Data, and will work closely with the senior leadership team for data.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Analyzing strategic operating model dimensions (competitive analysis, project return on investment, location analysis, in source/outsource choices, business economics)
- Furnishing senior leadership with appropriate and timely information time to enable essential communication
- Contributing to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team
- Coordinating global activities (e.g. annual planning, critical communications materials) across functional teams
- Directing annual budgeting and planning process for the organization's annual budget
- Handling monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of organization's financial performance and staffing against budget, financial and operational goals
- Collaborating with functional businesses, Finance and Human Resources on forecasting, planning, and analysis for global Business Operations teams
TO ENSURE SUCCESS, YOU WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous experience with Finance/FP&A or management consulting financial services practice a plus
- Highly computer-literate, with advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Comfortable working with partners at all levels of the business
- Strong focus on high quality delivery
- Shown ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, run multiple tasks, adapt to change, and work well under tight time restraints
- Self-motivated with strong sense of ownership, assertive follow-through and organizational skills; does not require close supervision
- Ability to directly lead and coach junior staff in a constructive and positive way
- Capacity to influence an outcome by using fact-based approach with communicational finesse
- Excellent verbal and written communication, collaboration, and relationship-building skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.