Analyst, Financial & Prudential Reporting Accountant
About this role
Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock Finance and Strategy consists of professionals in disciplines such as Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Treasury, Tax, Financial Controls, Sourcing and Vendor Management, Finance Platform Support, Controllers, Strategy, and Corporate Development. Within the Controllers’ Group, the Financial & Prudential Reporting team plays a key role in reporting the financial results for all legal entities within the EMEA region. These results are presented monthly in accordance with US GAAP and quarterly under IFRS. In addition, management accounts, board reports, statutory accounts and regulatory returns are prepared and presented quarterly.
The Financial & Prudential Reporting Accountant (“legal entity controller” or “LEC”) will be responsible for the delivery of financial and regulatory reporting for a portfolio of legal entities in a number of different countries and also ad hoc project work. In order to deliver this, the controller will develop and enhance strong relationships with other parts of Finance, cross-functional teams outside of Finance and local country management.
This role will report into a Financial & Prudential Reporting Manager based in Edinburgh, within the Financial & Prudential Reporting team.
- Be key point of contact for their legal entity/entities
- Ensure financial control is maintained over regulated and non-regulated legal entities
- Deliver statutory, regulatory and statistical reporting for relevant legal entities
- Deliver regular management reporting, presenting to entity boards as required
- Input on ad hoc projects as required
- Actively searching for process improvements within the role
- Work with prudential specialists to ensure that forthcoming regulatory changes are identified, understood and prepared for
- Opportunity to join an established finance function of an S&P 500 company
- Exposure to statutory and regulatory reporting
- Develop stakeholder management skills
- Involvement in ad-hoc project work
- Part/newly qualified accountant with a strong academic record; preferably in financial services
- Experience in statutory accounts production and/or audit preferred
- Strong awareness of global accounting standards, including US GAAP and IFRS
- Regulatory reporting experience is desirable
- Ability to clearly and confidently communicate in verbal and written form, with all levels of the business
- Organised and methodical, possessing attention to detail, ability to work under pressure within tight deadlines is a must
- Self-starter, quick learner, with an ability to adjust to change and the desire to take on responsibility is required
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.