Associate - Tech, Product Oversight & Governance - MUM
About this role
Elevate your career by joining the world's largest asset manager! Thrive in an environment that promotes positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance! We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and effectively engage your involvement in our success. With about USD $9 trillion of assets, we have an outstanding responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
This role will be based in our Mumbai, India location.
Americas (“AMRS”) Product Oversight and Governance (“POG”) is a unit within Global Accounting & Product Services (“GAAPS”). Members of the AMRS POG team are responsible for supporting more than $5T in total AUM and 2000+ funds that comprise U.S. iShares, Mutual Funds, CTFs and Canadian iShares and Institutional Funds (the “Funds”). Primary aspects of the support model provided by AMRS POG to the Funds include fund board governance, fund lifecycle services (launches, liquidations, restructures) fund treasury oversight and chief financial officer duties. AMRS POG works closely with several internal GAAPS teams, BLK functions and external stakeholders and service providers to deliver quality and value to our shareholders. Those interactions include the Funds Boards, custodians, auditors, accounting oversight, financial reporting, product development and business management, portfolio management, valuation, tax, legal and compliance, internal audit, risk and quality assurance, and multiple other organizations and functions.
The role sits within the AMRS POG group and will focus on the design, development, and execution of tactical and strategic technology solutions for both POG and the wider GAAPS community. We must develop a keen understanding of the functions both within POG and beyond in order to better comprehend the challenges faced by these functions.
This role provides an exciting opportunity to help expand and further establish the AMRS POG footprint in Mumbai and partner with product groups across the globe, working closely with the AMRS POG teams in the US and Canada. The position offers individuals the opportunity to design and develop technology solutions using internal BLK platforms to create efficiencies and scale in POGs oversight functions.
Roles & responsibilities
- Design, develop, and deliver robust technology solutions to the organization’s sophisticated problems and opportunities.
- Partnership with AMRS based team to support POG functions!
- Drive opportunity, efficiency, and scalability for global POG presence.
- Build good relationships with business areas within BlackRock to support effective multi-functional engagement.
- Contribute to ensuring compliance with all relevant BlackRock policies and with regulatory requirements impacting the funds.
- Make autonomous decisions on which platform solutions best fit the business problems presented.
- Drive engagement with partners to ensure that proper business requirements are established.
- Developing exception-based, business-process-centric technology solutions that provide scale to operations teams globally.
- Craft and develop metrics for business management reporting.
- Build relationships and collaborate with other internal technology teams to ensure familiarity with all potential technology solutions while also holding them accountable for capturing and measuring business benefits.
Experience & Skills
- 3+ years 1940 Act investment management industry experience with fund structures such as open-and close-end mutual funds, interval, and tender offer funds, and exchange traded funds.
- 5+ years overall proven experience in technology or related fields
- Understanding of US GAAP and SEC regulatory reporting requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Strong SQL and database knowledge, and/or application design platforms (e.g., Angular, Flask)
- Enthusiasm and ability to work in a team-environment, multi-tasking, collaboration, and effective inter-personal skills are a must.
- Solid understanding of software development best practices (analysis, design, development, testing)
- Advanced Excel / VBA working knowledge will be added advantage!
- Identification of risk or gaps in a process and implementing plans to resolve.
- Researching, problem solving, and process re-engineering
- Ability to convey sophisticated concepts simply and clearly.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.