Associate, AUM and Revenue Analytics, FP&A
About this role
About this role:
The BlackRock AUM and Revenue Analytics team within FP&A is responsible for the external and internal reporting of BlackRock’s AUM, Net New Business, Revenue and related analytics. On a weekly basis the team calculates AUM and NNBF, enriches it with pipeline, revenue and client commentary, and provides informative reports to senior management. Team is actively involved in firm wide Revenue forecasting and budgeting process, production of ARMR/Actuals which is key source of information for Management reporting purposes. Team produces information that helps articulate BlackRock’s vision and message to investors, clients and press, as well as providing quantitative and qualitative support for senior management decisions. The AUM and Revenue Analytics team is committed to continuously optimizing its operating and production model and seek rapid advancement in its tactical and strategic initiatives.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced FP&A lead responsible for managing multibillion revenue forecast for firm and various businesses. The ideal candidate will play crucial role in leading and driving financial performance analysis, budgeting, forecasting and relevant projects support. The role requires hands on experience in executing the forecast and budgeting activities with strong modelling and analytical capabilities along with team management responsibilities.
- Execute firm level forecasting model, reporting and analysis for Base fee and volume driven expenses
- Lead and supervise business level revenue forecast including forecast production, variance analysis supporting CFO reporting
- Establish and monitor key performance indicators to evaluate the business performance
- Develop and refine forecast and budget models to enhance forecasting accuracy
- Work closely and partner with departments across the organisation to gather relevant information impacting budget/forecast and bake it in the forecast workings
- Evaluate and implement the changes required in forecast methodology and approach
- Build deep expertise on Revenue lifecycle of BlackRock, Accounting treatment, different pricing structure, revenue lash-up
- Conduct Variance analysis and provide insights at firm level to identify key drivers for centrally managed revenue and expense accounts
- Communicate financial results, trends and forecast in a clear and concise manner
- Participate and support AUM and Revenue enhancement projects and drive standardization/automation
- Implement best practices to optimize the relevant activities under Forecast and Actual production activities and support team wherever required
- Act as SME on Management reporting views and output, can handle queries from different partners such as CFO and Business FP&A, Controllers and business partners
- Partner in the development of appropriate metrics and control framework to better manage and report AUM, flows and Revenue information
- Provide leadership and guidance to the team and direct reports. Play role model for the team and build high performing teams.
- Foster a positive and inclusive team culture that promotes collaboration and innovation
- Oversee the planning, execution and delivery of projects
- Exemplify BlackRock Principles
Skills and Qualifications:
- MBA/CA with minimum 6-8 years of experience with a similar profile, preferably Investment Management and/or financial industry experience but not mandatory
- Exposure of managing a team while having hands on experience in managing forecast activities
- Ability to handle large data and derive meaningful information
- Analytical bent of mind combined with financial acumen. Well-versed with Finance terminologies
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of the business and its key drivers
- Ability to build relationship with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment (across Finance)
- Understanding and/or experience in Finance, Accounting, Financial Reporting
- 'Can-do' attitude – willing to contribute at all levels in a small but high performing team environment with tight deadlines and multiple demands
- Experience of working on advanced Excel. Knowledge of MS Access will be added advantage
- Experience with TM1 or similar multi-dimensional analytical tool skills is helpful but not essential
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.