Aladdin Product, Product Manager
About this role
BlackRock is the world’s leading asset management firm and Aladdin is the central nervous system for investment professionals to see their whole portfolio, understand risk exposure, and act with precision. It is a $1BN+ technology business that has significant growth aspirations over the next five years. Being a part of BlackRock means being a part of a community of smart, results-oriented people who are pursuing some of the world’s most sophisticated financial challenges. And our founder-led culture has maintained its results-oriented feel — we work hard, we work as a team, and we work with purpose. Being a member of Aladdin Product means working with the best in the industry to build innovative products that shape financial markets.
Sitting at the intersection of business and technology, the Aladdin Product Management team works closely with developers, researchers, and other stakeholders to innovate, conceptualize, design and pilot new capabilities across the investment lifecycle. As a Product Manager, you will have a positive impact on developing the product vision and leading day to day execution of the roadmap. There are many strategic areas that need exploration, evaluation, and prioritization, while in parallel ensuring that the tactical needs for continuing to deliver the product are met.
- Passionate about building technical solutions in partnership with engineering teams
- A self-starter who enjoys solving complex problems that deepen our understanding of end users
- Curious to learn new skills and willing to embrace work outside of your comfort zone
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and using your entrepreneurial spirit to create new solutions
- A team player who is energized by working in a fast paced environment
- Passionate about building innovative solutions that meet the needs of our clients
- Comfortable challenging the status quo
- Curious about financial markets and the technology ecosystem
- Results oriented & metrics driven
- Committed to fostering a purpose driven culture and working horizontally to break down silos
Skills / Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience in product management / business analysis / client service that includes building and launching technology in a B2B or B2C market
- Dedicated interest in understanding, detailing, and mastering related workflows
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information clearly and concisely
- Bias for action and willingness to take risks
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to make data driven decisions and deliver results quickly
- Preference for and demonstrated success in a team-oriented environment
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Finance, or equivalent practical experience
- Partner with teams across Aladdin to drive forward strategic product decisions that accelerate the Aladdin offering
- Define and document detailed product requirements and design product specifications
- Attend and help manage key agile development rituals such as stand-ups, planning, demos, and retrospectives
- Develop, prioritize, and maintain roadmaps, provide quarterly updates on deliverables and create content for management communications
- Work with team leadership to maintain Aha! boards across the program (maintaining and managing the product backlog)
- Keep abreast of the competitive landscape and new opportunities for partnership
- Become a subject matter expert and provide technical/industry expertise to both sales and clients directly on how to leverage the Aladdin offering
For New York City only: The salary range for this position is $132,500 – $214,500. Additionally, employees are eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, and benefits including heath care, leave benefits, and retirement benefits. BlackRock operates a pay-for-performance compensation philosophy and your total compensation may vary based on role, location, and firm, department and individual performance.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.