Administrative Business Partner
About this role
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. As of December 31, 2022, BlackRock’s AUM was $8.6 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles across public and private markets. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of year-end 2022, the firm had approximately 19,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Business Unit Overview:
The Institutional Client Businesses Group is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with sophisticated institutional investors. The Institutional Client Businesses Group serves institutional clients in more than 60 countries, including corporate, public, union and industry pension plans; insurance companies; third-party mutual funds; endowments; foundations; charities; corporations; official institutions; banks; and individuals worldwide. We have teams of professionals with expertise in the many functions that combined make this effort successful and sustainable, including relationship management, marketing, sales, client service, and product development and management. Professionals within the team work together to deliver a full range of asset management, risk management and advisory services relevant to clients’ investment needs. Unified under one global client platform, individual client businesses are accountable for client relationships and distribution of products and services and are supported by a centralized marketing function which ensures consistency globally.
- Manage daily calendars for five or more senior members of the team, demonstrating flexibility and problem-solving abilities to adjust or prioritize schedules based on last-minute changes.
- Arrange and reserve conference rooms, catering, audio/video and other crucial services as needed for meetings and conferences.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and submit expense reports in a timely manner using Concur.
- Anticipate necessary background material ensuring team members have everything they need in advance of their meetings including a detailed travel itinerary, air, hotel, cars, directions, presentation books, verified meeting addresses, contact information, etc.
- Drive key team activities and events (such as team meetings, strategy sessions, conferences, ordering supplies and social events).
- Assist with tracking client meetings, follow-up items and other metrics in excel and our CRM system.
- Manage tasks proactively and efficiently to ensure seamless coverage for all supported staff.
- Build and maintain good business relationships with executives and administrative staff across the organizations.
- Represent the team by greeting visitors and guests and answering multiple phone lines.
- Complete ad hoc administrative requests in a prompt and thorough manner.
- Provide reciprocal coverage to other assistants.
- 5+ years of administrative experience, preferably at a large global organization in the financial services industry.
- Ability to work independently and assume additional responsibilities as required.
- A positive and ‘can-do’ demeanor.
- Desire and ability to provide outstanding service to internal and external clients.
- Maintains focus with sense of urgency, while upholding respect for others.
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Proficient with Webex and Zoom.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Discretion in dealing with confidential information in all aspects of work.
- Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred.
For New York City only: The salary range for this position is $0 – $0 which is the equivalent of $0.00 – $0.00 per hour. Additionally, employees are eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, and benefits including heath care, leave benefits, and retirement benefits. BlackRock operates a pay-for-performance compensation philosophy and your total compensation may vary based on role, location, and firm, department and individual performance.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.