Aladdin Trading Product Manager, Associate
About this role
BlackRock is the world’s leading asset management firm and Aladdin is the central nervous system for investment professionals to see their whole portfolio, understand risk exposure, and act with precision. It is a $1BN+ technology business that has significant growth aspirations over the next five years. Being a part of BlackRock means being a part of a community of smart, results-oriented people who are pursuing some of the world’s most sophisticated financial challenges. And our founder-led culture has maintained its results-oriented feel — we work hard, we work as a team, and we work with purpose. Being a member of Aladdin Product means working with the best in the industry to build innovative products that shape financial markets.
Sitting at the intersection of business and technology, the Aladdin Product Management team works closely with developers, researchers, and other stakeholders to innovate, conceptualize, design and pilot new capabilities across the investment lifecycle. As a Product Manager, you will have a positive impact on developing the product vision and leading day to day execution of the roadmap. There are many strategic areas that need exploration, evaluation, and prioritization, while in parallel ensuring that the tactical needs for continuing to deliver the product are met.
As a Multi-Asset Trading Product Manager, you will be focused on aligning product strategy and delivery for Aladdin’s trading product offering for our multi-asset Order and Execution Management System (OEMS). Aladdin’s Trading product suite is global and multi-asset, with specialized functionality for each asset class. In this role, you will be responsible for working closely with the lead Product Manager and Engineering lead to define, manage, and execute on our product vision to create best-in-class order management and execution capabilities. You will in particular be focused on partnering with top strategic clients to learn about their workflows, and build solutions to help with grow & scale their business.
As a Product Manager, you’ll be closely connected with the marketplace, our client community, and BlackRock business strategy to drive product direction. Sitting at the intersection of business and technology, Product Managers work closely with Aladdin developers and other stakeholders to innovate, conceptualize, design and pilot new capabilities to simplify our clients’ business problems.
- Passionate about building technical solutions in partnership with engineering teams
- A self-starter who enjoys solving complex problems that deepen our understanding of end users
- Curious to learn new skills and willing to embrace work outside of your comfort zone
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and using your entrepreneurial spirit to create new solutions
- A team player who is energized by working in a fast paced environment
- Passionate about building innovative solutions that meet the needs of our clients
- Comfortable challenging the status quo
- Curious about financial markets and the technology ecosystem
- Results oriented & metrics driven
- Committed to fostering a purpose driven culture and working horizontally to break down silos
Skills / Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience working in buy side or sell side investment technology
- Strong comprehension of equity, fixed income and FX trading workflows, analytics, and trade automation
- Strong engagement in the trading industry landscape, market and technology trends
- Understanding of front, middle, and back office integration touch points
- Understanding of product and software development lifecycles
- Experience with agile development practices
- Experience creating a product roadmap, writing business and technical specifications, executing on product deliverables
- Experience interacting with product stakeholders, including end users and software developers
- Ability to work well with technical and non-technical partners
- Reputation of building trusting relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to deliver presentations and communicate up and down the organization
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and planning skills
- Ability to work and deliver results independently, self-starter
- Define and own the product story and roadmap for the ongoing features & improvements segment of Aladdin’s OEMS.
- Be a market structure expert – stay attuned and be ahead of industry, market, and technology trends to create opportunities for BlackRock and better serve our clients
- Serve as a resource to internal and external clients with regard to our capabilities in the context of their business
- Partner with developers through the development process; incorporate user feedback
- Be metrics driven. Track and measure usage and feedback to inform product strategy
For New York City only: The salary range for this position is $132,500 – $157,500. Additionally, employees are eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, and benefits including heath care, leave benefits, and retirement benefits. BlackRock operates a pay-for-performance compensation philosophy and your total compensation may vary based on role, location, and firm, department and individual performance.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.