Associate - Technology, Development, and Operations (TDO) - ATL
About this role
The Global Accounting and Product Services group (GAAPS) is one of the core functions within the Business Operations Group at BlackRock. GAAPS is responsible for Institutional and Commingled fund accounting, Fund Board management, Portfolio & Regulatory Compliance, Transfer Agent and operational infrastructure oversight for BlackRock's commingled funds (registered and unregistered). In addition, the teams also support Latin America Business Operations, strategic fund conversions, vendor oversight and product lifecycle events.
The role is part of the Technology and Development Operations (TDO) team, within the GAAPS COO function, and is responsible for designing, developing, and delivering technical solutions to the organization’s workflow challenges. The role requires a deep understanding of the functions within GAAPS to better comprehend the challenges faced by these functions.
Key responsibilities of the role include the following:
- Design, develop, and deliver technical solutions, including AI-based models, that will help the organization scale.
- Work with stakeholders to identify areas where technology can be leveraged to improve business processes.
- Make autonomous decisions on which solutions best fit the business problem presented
- Test and validate AI models to ensure that they are accurate and aligned with the organization’s strategic goals.
- Play a key role in growing the core offering of the Aladdin Compliance and Accounting platforms
- Drive engagement with partners to ensure that proper business requirements are established.
- Build relationships with other internal technology teams to ensure familiarity with all potential AI-based solutions while also holding them accountable for capturing and measuring business benefits
- 4+ years of experience in a Business Analyst or Developer role, exposure in developing and implementing AI-based solutions preferred.
- Proficiency in programming languages (e.g., Java, Python) as well as strong SQL and database knowledge.
- Understanding of machine learning models, including large language models (LLMs) and other neural networks.
- Familiarity with NLP techniques and tools such as sentiment analysis, named entity recognition, and topic modeling.
- Experience with cloud-based machine learning platforms such as Azure Machine Learning a plus.
- Experience using Agile methodologies – previous experience working from a backlog, sprints, retrospectives etc.
- Interest in the investment management industry and investment products
- Familiarity with Robotic Process Automation (RPA), e.g., Blue Prism
- Familiarity with data visualization tools, e.g., Splunk, Tableau, Power BI
- The ability to manage projects from inception to completion, ensuring that they are delivered on time and within time estimates.
- Identification of risk or gaps in a process and implementing plans to resolve using technical solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English) to convey sophisticated concepts simply and clearly
- A deep understanding of the organization’s business processes, goals, and objectives
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in LLMs and machine learning, and identify opportunities to apply them to the organization’s business processes.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.