General Manager - Aladdin Business Implementation
About this role
BlackRock Inc. is a preeminent global firm, providing investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional and individual investors around the world. BlackRock Solutions (BRS) provides clients with access to the intellectual capital, risk analytics and investment platform used to support BlackRock's asset management business. By combining sophisticated risk analytics and investment systems with capital markets and business process expertise, BlackRock Solutions helps clients address a variety of risk management and investment process challenges. BlackRock Solutions’ Aladdin® platform is an operating system for investment managers that combines sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making, effective risk management, efficient trading and operational scale
The Aladdin Client Transformation team is responsible for the installation and deployment of Aladdin at BlackRock Solutions clients. Aladdin implementations are high profile initiatives which require team members to have senior level exposure and play an active role in transforming client organizations; a typical Aladdin implementation is at least as much about processes and implementing change as it is about technology. We help clients achieve challenging strategic objectives which range from streamlining operations to integrating business lines to modernizing their overall investment process. BlackRock's implementation model is unique in the sense that we take full responsibility for the client going live on our solution. It also means that we develop a true partnership with our clients that continues to grow post go live
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Leading large-scale transformation programs and designing target operating models for clientele across APAC
- Engaging with the external client's senior management team and key stakeholders (e.g., Chief Investment Officer, Head Portfolio Managers, Chief Risk Officer) to understand business goals, current operational limitations, and priorities to be remedied
- Following initial engagement with senior management, conducting more detailed analysis of the current systems, evaluating the client’s needs, and conducting in-depth discussions with client representatives at all levels and with the relevant stakeholders
- Planning & developing solutions, documenting, designing & altering workflows and providing recommendations to clients on market best practices
- Coordinating project resources, internal & external across multiple functional areas and locations throughout the consultation process
- Assuming responsibility and accountability for delivering all components of the project by retiring/de-commissioning the client’s existing systems, implementing recommended solutions, and ensuring clients optimally utilize systems and resources thereby creating efficiencies and meeting the client’s agreed upon benchmarks and outcomes
- With the client, leading key stakeholder engagements like steering committee meetings and other decision-making discussions
- Leading a team of specialist consultants across Australia, India, Japan & Singapore and providing oversight and feedback as a program director on the relevant client engagements
- Provide strong leadership for the Aladdin client relationship
- Have in-depth knowledge of Aladdin functionality and workflows, Provide guidance to clients on market best practices and ensure clients take full advantage of the suite of Aladdin products and tools
- Work closely with the client and Aladdin Product Managers to support client development needs
- Participate in Aladdin business development activities assisting in system validations and due diligence meetings with prospective clients
- Strong understanding of the buy-side investment management process is preferred but having a deep understanding of investment risk management platforms is a must
- Outstanding academic achievement, CFA a plus
- Superior communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex concepts simply and clearly to clients
- Well organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities with a hands on approach
- Past experience in implementing financial management systems at external clients site (portfolio/trading systems, risk platforms, operation tools)
- Familiarity with capital markets instruments (equities, fixed income, derivatives)
- Excellent creative, analytical and computer skills with an entrepreneurial approach to large, complex projects (SQL experience a plus)
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.