Data Operations Analyst
About this role
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients! BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®.
Data Integrity Group within Aladdin Data vertical is entrusted with maintaining all financial security related data integral to the investment decision process, for BlackRock the Investment Manager and its BlackRock Solutions (BRS) business, in our proprietary Aladdin® end-to-end investment platform. Our team closely partners with internal teams, such as Portfolio Management, Global Capital Markets, Relationship Management, Portfolio Compliance, Risk Analytics, Regulatory Reporting, and others, to ensure their business data needs are met accurately, timely, and efficiently.
Our team's philosophy is anchored on BlackRock’s cornerstone principles: Innovation, Fiduciary focus, Passion for Performance, and the unified purpose of One BlackRock. Through that lens, we strive to build value for our clients by understanding their needs, the markets, and using technology to create best in class solutions. As distributed team, we have a presence across 12 offices in 8 countries, servicing more than $25 trillion in assets under management on Aladdin for BlackRock and BRS clients spanning 6 continents and all spectrums of the financial markets.
- Provide high quality client service externally and internally. Address inquiries, perform controls, Data modeling, resolve problems, and mitigate risks for clients and internal BlackRock partners.
- Learn the intricacies of our Aladdin® end to end investment platform.
- Gain broad experience in Equities, Fixed Income, Derivatives, and Alternatives, across the vast global investment marketplace.
- Investigate and resolve challenging issues and perform ad hoc analysis of large data sets while meeting tight deadlines.
- Partner with business analysts and developers in innovation to improve the Aladdin product, build process efficiency and scale, improve data quality, reduce operating risk, and navigate the changing market.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is required, with preference to business subject areas such as Finance, Accounting, or Economics, and technical fields such as Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering.
- General knowledge of SQL, UNIX, or Python is a plus; desire to expand technical expertise preferred.
- Basic knowledge of fixed income, equity and derivative instruments is nice to have.
- A “Student of the Markets” mentality: Intellectually curious with a passion for learning about the global financial markets and the investment management business.
- Natural teammate able to work in an innovative, ambitious, and fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with agile critical thinking and a problem-solving attitude.
- Experience with Project Management and familiarity with Agile methodology is a plus.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.