Global Tax Compliance - Private Equity - Associate
Blackstone is the world’s largest alternative asset manager. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $1 trillion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, infrastructure, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow @blackstone on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.
The Associate will provide domestic and international tax compliance and reporting support for Blackstone’s Private Equity Funds. This individual will help implement best practices for compliance and reporting as well as:
- Perform and review tax allocations of partnership income.
- Oversee and coordinate collection of tax data from domestic and foreign portfolio companies.
- Research and examine solutions to complex foreign and domestic tax issues.
- Determine tax filing requirements for partnership and corporate fund entities.
- Perform and review tax provisions for blocker corporations.
- Coordinate with tax advisors to ensure proper accounting of transactions.
- Identify and review state withholding tax requirements relating to state income allocation to nonresident recipients.
- Review of FATCA and CRS reporting.
- Respond to tax authority requests & notices.
- Respond to Limited Partners' tax inquiries or ad-hoc requests.
- Support Finance team & liaise with other business units, as needed.
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors as well as:
- 3+ years of Big 4 tax experience in private equity, investment partnership, or fund-of-fund.
- Must have relevant tax experience with a concentration in domestic partnerships. Corporate tax experience is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with complex data to drive decision-making.
- Ability to produce timely and accurate records, with an emphasis on the importance of supporting work paper documentation.
- Strong work ethic, responsiveness and passion for customer service and quality.
- Effective verbal and written communicator.
- Highly organized and proactive, with follow-through on commitments.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic culture, with the ability to take initiative and be hands-on.
- Excellent team player and good interpersonal skills.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly.
- CPA or graduate degree preferred.
The duties and responsibilities described here are not exhaustive and additional assignments, duties, or responsibilities may be required of this position. Assignments, duties, and responsibilities may be changed at any time, with or without notice, by Blackstone in its sole discretion.
Expected annual base salary range:$100,000 - $130,000
Actual base salary within that range will be determined by several components including but not limited to the individual's experience, skills, qualifications and job location. For roles located outside of the US, please disregard the posted salary bands as these roles will follow a separate compensation process based on local market comparables.
Additional compensation: Base salary does not include other forms of compensation or benefits offered in connection with the advertised role.
Blackstone is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other class or status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. All Blackstone employees, including but not limited to recruiting personnel and hiring managers, are required to abide by this policy.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
Depending on the position, you may be required to obtain certain securities licenses if you are in a client facing role and/or if you are engaged in the following:
Attending client meetings where you are discussing Blackstone products and/or and client questions;
Marketing Blackstone funds to new or existing clients;
Supervising or training securities licensed employees;
Structuring or creating Blackstone funds/products; and
Advising on marketing plans prepared by a sales team or developing and/or contributing information for marketing materials.
Note: The above list is not the exhaustive list of activities requiring securities licenses and there may be roles that require review on a case-by-case basis. Please speak with your Blackstone Recruiting contact with any questions.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * must be completed to be considered for employment (although some can be answered "prefer not to say"). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit at the bottom of this form.