Private Equity Valuations & Analytics, Associate
Blackstone is the world’s largest alternative asset manager. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $1 trillion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, infrastructure, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow @blackstone on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.
Job Title: Private Equity Valuations & Analytics, Associate
Blackstone’s Portfolio Management - Valuations and Analytics team is looking for an Associate to support the Private Equity (“PE”) group. The core focus of the group is to prepare, evaluate, analyze, and summarize portfolio investment valuation results for PE. In addition to valuations, the team is called upon to handle a variety of ad hoc and recurring analyses related to portfolio monitoring and reporting.
- Prepare valuation models reviews, presentations for leaders, and ad-hoc deliverables
- Update valuation templates each quarter, including discounted cash flow (DCF), performance multiple (PM) and other valuation models
- Apply valuation methodologies in line with Blackstone’s valuation policy as well as requisite external guidance
- Drive the onboarding process for new portfolio investments and ensure proper data collection procedures are in place
- Respond to auditor inquiries and coordinate valuation reviews with third party valuation firms
- Drive enhancements and improvements to the group’s valuations and reporting processes, procedures, offshore resources, and use of technology
- Manage the creation and development of presentation materials to effectively communicate results within PE and wider Blackstone
- Assist in the presentation of valuation results to various internal committees, external auditors, and limited partners
- Work closely with PE Management Reporting to provide inputs as well as other portfolio investment information to aid in the completion of planning deliverables
- Maintain relationships with deal professionals, Institutional Client Services, Portfolio Operations, Accounting, Operations and Finance teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or similar discipline (CFA and/or CPA a plus)
- 3+ years of experience in valuations, transaction services, a private equity fund, consulting, or other relevant analytical roles
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic environment that requires execution of recurring deliverables as well as projects and initiatives in support of a rapidly growing business
- Thorough understanding of ASC 820 and corresponding valuation guidance. Familiarity with a wide range of valuation approaches (e.g. Income, Market, Yield Analysis, OPM, Contingent Claims, PWERM etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills, high EQ, and the ability to confidently and competently handle interactions with deal professionals, Asset Management, and portfolio company representatives
- A self-motivated individual with strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel and MS PowerPoint is required
- Proficiency in iLevel a plus
The duties and responsibilities described here are not exhaustive and additional assignments, duties, or responsibilities may be required of this position. Assignments, duties, and responsibilities may be changed at any time, with or without notice, by Blackstone in its sole discretion.
Expected annual base salary range:$100,000 - $140,000
Actual base salary within that range will be determined by several components including but not limited to the individual's experience, skills, qualifications and job location. For roles located outside of the US, please disregard the posted salary bands as these roles will follow a separate compensation process based on local market comparables.
Additional compensation: Base salary does not include other forms of compensation or benefits offered in connection with the advertised role.
Blackstone is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other class or status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. All Blackstone employees, including but not limited to recruiting personnel and hiring managers, are required to abide by this policy.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
Depending on the position, you may be required to obtain certain securities licenses if you are in a client facing role and/or if you are engaged in the following:
Attending client meetings where you are discussing Blackstone products and/or and client questions;
Marketing Blackstone funds to new or existing clients;
Supervising or training securities licensed employees;
Structuring or creating Blackstone funds/products; and
Advising on marketing plans prepared by a sales team or developing and/or contributing information for marketing materials.
Note: The above list is not the exhaustive list of activities requiring securities licenses and there may be roles that require review on a case-by-case basis. Please speak with your Blackstone Recruiting contact with any questions.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * must be completed to be considered for employment (although some can be answered "prefer not to say"). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit at the bottom of this form.