Internal Audit - Analyst
Blackstone is the world’s largest alternative asset manager. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $1 trillion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, infrastructure, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow @blackstone on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.
Internal Audit Analyst New York
Blackstone Internal Audit (“BXIA”) Overview
BXIA provides independent and objective assurance to the Board of Directors and Executive Management by evaluating that the businesses across the global platform are well governed, operating effectively and meeting risk management objectives. The BXIA team is guided by a philosophy of adding intrinsic value by improving the operations of the Firm and protecting its reputation. The team works collaboratively with Blackstone senior leadership to understand the requisite risks and to evaluate and contribute to effective governance, internal control, and risk management. The BXIA team has a global footprint of exceptionally talented people, with diverse professional backgrounds, and works in a highly collaborative manner.
The Internal Audit Analyst will be involved in all core activities undertaken by BXIA including audit planning and execution, risk assessment, other assurance and advisory activities, and department-wide strategic initiatives. BXIA’s remit spans across all areas of the Firm, including the business strategy teams responsible for investment and asset management and corporate functions such as Human Resources, Finance, and Compliance.
Specific responsibilities of the role include:
- Perform risk-based audits across Blackstone’s global platform and gain exposure to the firm’s diverse businesses, products, regions, and enterprise functions
- Perform testing, document test results, identify findings as applicable, and work with internal staff to design corrective actions that mitigate risk, drive efficiency and add value
- Leverage industry experience to provide advisory services during the development of new businesses, design of new processes, and implementation of systems
- Develop ongoing working relationships within the firm, communicate ways to improve controls, and have a strong understanding of new firm wide initiatives in the pipeline
- Assist in the annual risk assessment process and contribute to the formation of the annual audit plan through direct input, insight, and perspective around current business, industry and regulatory risk factors
- Aid in the development of the global internal audit risk assessment framework, including the ongoing management of risk registers and control libraries
- Participate in firm and industry events that will enhance your skills and expand your knowledge of the alternative asset management industry
BXIA seeks to attract and develop best-in-class talent from diverse professional backgrounds including finance, technology, risk management, operations, and compliance. Successful professionals should demonstrate a strong understanding of the asset management business and a history of cultivating strong working relationships with business partners through the delivery of impactful services focused on strengthening the risk and control environment. The small size of this group offers an opportunity to gain significant exposure across the Blackstone platform.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate adaptability, intellectual curiosity, strong judgment, and superior problem-solving skills to successfully navigate the complexities associated with evaluating risk across various business units and enterprise-wide functions. In addition, the successful candidate should have:
- 2+ years of auditing experience in the financial services industry
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting, finance, economics, computer science or business-related field
- Personal and professional integrity
- Aptitude towards investment and risk management, scenario analysis and problem solving
- Strong project management, organizational and presentation skills
- Excellent communication (verbal, written & listening) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think critically and strategically to develop innovative recommendations to mitigate risks and add value to the organization
- Proficient understanding of current regulatory and industry events
- Experience with internal audit risk assessments, SOX/Internal controls and/or ERP security and control review
- Ability to adapt to new challenges in a dynamic environment while handling multiple projects
- Ability to work well within a team-oriented environment and individually
- Ability to partner across teams, summarize issues, develop recommendations, and make decisions
- Ability to be proactive and take initiative
- An highly motivated and enthusiastic approach to the role
- Experience with Governance, Risk & Compliance technology tools (ex. AuditBoard) & Tableau
- Strong experience in the use of analytical tools (e.g., Alteryx, Sigma)
- Alternative investments experience strongly preferred
- MBA, CPA, CIA, CFA or CISA credentials strongly preferred
The duties and responsibilities described here are not exhaustive and additional assignments, duties, or responsibilities may be required of this position. Assignments, duties, and responsibilities may be changed at any time, with or without notice, by Blackstone in its sole discretion.
Expected annual base salary range:$90,000 - $125,000
Actual base salary within that range will be determined by several components including but not limited to the individual's experience, skills, qualifications and job location. For roles located outside of the US, please disregard the posted salary bands as these roles will follow a separate compensation process based on local market comparables.
Additional compensation: Base salary does not include other forms of compensation or benefits offered in connection with the advertised role.
Blackstone is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other class or status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. All Blackstone employees, including but not limited to recruiting personnel and hiring managers, are required to abide by this policy.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
Depending on the position, you may be required to obtain certain securities licenses if you are in a client facing role and/or if you are engaged in the following:
Attending client meetings where you are discussing Blackstone products and/or and client questions;
Marketing Blackstone funds to new or existing clients;
Supervising or training securities licensed employees;
Structuring or creating Blackstone funds/products; and
Advising on marketing plans prepared by a sales team or developing and/or contributing information for marketing materials.
Note: The above list is not the exhaustive list of activities requiring securities licenses and there may be roles that require review on a case-by-case basis. Please speak with your Blackstone Recruiting contact with any questions.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * must be completed to be considered for employment (although some can be answered "prefer not to say"). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit at the bottom of this form.