Blackstone Credit and Insurance, Middle Office Deal Closing, Associate
Blackstone is the world’s largest alternative asset manager. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $1 trillion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, infrastructure, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow @blackstone on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.
Middle Office Deal Closing
- Work closely with the Credit Deal team regarding upcoming investments and assist in negotiating and reviewing operational terms in the credit agreements.
- Collaborate with Deal and Legal teams regarding deal pipeline management and reporting. Review investment memos and understand how each transaction will impact internal funding capabilities.
- Calculate final allocations among participating funds to be included in executed credit agreements, coordinating with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Drive the execution process and timeline pre and post-signing, from calculating / coordinating the funding sources and required funding amounts per fund, to overseeing cash movements and closing mechanisms
- Build and manage key relationships with external lawyers, banks, agents, and service providers and working closely with internal teams (legal, finance, tax, treasury, liquidity management, capital formations, asset servicing)
- Collaborate with internal & external teams to understand and implement transaction structuring including reviewing funds flows and related deal documentation.
What we look for:
Our people are our most valuable asset. They are highly skilled problem solvers who believe challenges represent opportunities. Together with the firm’s entrepreneurial spirit, their unique passions and backgrounds contribute to a creative and vibrant environment.
We’re looking to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. In addition to strong analytical and quantitative skills, the successful candidate should have:
- 3+ years’ experience in finance with a knowledge of operational/middle office processes
- Previous operational credit experience preferred but not essential
- Strong communication skills and the ability to manage sometimes competing tasks and deadlines
- Strong excel skills required; an interest in learning python/coding if not already in place
- Self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit to develop processes
- Excellent attention to detail and good judgement
- Perseverance and stamina to get tasks done
- Contribute to a positive culture and proven team player with a strong work ethic
- Confident dealing with senior individuals and presenting findings/ideas
Knowledge of accounting and finance and experience of investment banking are desirable, but not necessary.
The Principles that Matter Most:
- Team Work
Everything we do is guided by these principles, which define our character and culture; they have been at the core of Blackstone since its inception. These enduring qualities are the shared convictions that we bring to our professional and personal conduct. They are a fundamental strength of our business.
The duties and responsibilities described here are not exhaustive and additional assignments, duties, or responsibilities may be required of this position. Assignments, duties, and responsibilities may be changed at any time, with or without notice, by Blackstone in its sole discretion.
Blackstone is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other class or status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. All Blackstone employees, including but not limited to recruiting personnel and hiring managers, are required to abide by this policy.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
Depending on the position, you may be required to obtain certain securities licenses if you are in a client facing role and/or if you are engaged in the following:
Attending client meetings where you are discussing Blackstone products and/or and client questions;
Marketing Blackstone funds to new or existing clients;
Supervising or training securities licensed employees;
Structuring or creating Blackstone funds/products; and
Advising on marketing plans prepared by a sales team or developing and/or contributing information for marketing materials.
Note: The above list is not the exhaustive list of activities requiring securities licenses and there may be roles that require review on a case-by-case basis. Please speak with your Blackstone Recruiting contact with any questions.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * must be completed to be considered for employment (although some can be answered "prefer not to say"). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit at the bottom of this form.