Corporate Sales - Account Manager - Mumbai
Corporate Sales - Account Manager - Mumbai
Posted Feb 9, 2024 - Requisition No. 123105
Bloomberg is a global leader in business and financial information, news and insight, and we use innovative technology to deliver trusted data and bring transparency to the financial markets. Our customers around the globe rely on us for the information and tools they need to make critical investment decisions and remain connected across all sides of the financial community. And, to ensure the best experience for our 20,000+ employees across 176 offices globally, we provide the spaces and systems that allow our teams to work together with agility, productivity and collaboration, no matter where they are.
The Bloomberg Financial Solutions department of 5,000+ employees is at the forefront of ensuring success for our customers and employees alike. Our team comprises several key pillars: sales, service, operations, culture and brand. As a department, we are united by a common goal: We create meaningful relationships with clients by understanding their needs and delivering exceptional end-to-end support from sales and implementation, through their ongoing relationship with Bloomberg.
Our Sales teams are industry renowned for their subject matter expertise and platinum service levels. You’ll have industry renowned training, not just when you join us, but continually throughout your career here. Just like we invest in our products, we invest in our people. It gives us the edge.
What's the role?
Bloomberg’s Corporations business is more focused than ever on developing the strategies and solutions to enhance our opportunity from all audiences at Corporations, ranging from Corporate Treasury to C-suite to Product Strategy groups and everything in-between. Our Sales Account Managers will use their product and industry skills and relationships to research and understand our clients' workflows and identify where opportunities exist for Bloomberg to help them with existing or future solutions.
You will be responsible for developing deep and trusted relationships with clients, understanding their workflow and technology, successfully managing relationships with C-Suite and drive enterprise revenue strategies. Your experienced consultative approach should uncover opportunities and expand our partnerships while at the same time increasing our clients' overall operating efficiency. You will be up-to-date with the latest trends and business initiatives within our client base. Your sales skills, dedication and motivation will allow us to maximize short and long-term sales opportunities and mitigate risks to our existing revenue.
We’ll trust you to:
- Creatively find ways to engage clients to increase value of Bloomberg products
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of what your clients do at all levels of their business - this will include Terminal users, and other clients who use our broader technology and data suite
- Show a competent and growing understanding about the markets in which your clients operate, product knowledge, and technical skills
- Demonstrate sales creativity and collaborate internally to implement and execute beneficial solutions to cross-sell our suite of products
- Participate actively in new projects that drive departmental and firm-wide initiatives and goals
- Contribute innovative ideas that anticipate and address client needs
- Seek out additional ways to demonstrate leadership and make an impact, such as mentoring, involvement in training, running campaigns, and active involvement in product enhancement
You’ll need to have:
- Minimum 5 years of client facing experience in Financial Services or a Financial Technology company
- Consultative sales skills, including competitive market research, lead generation, prospecting, business development, and closing sales
- Experience or knowledge of the workflows and requirements of a corporation
- Proven ability to manage multiple complex sales engagements concurrently
- Experience in building and maintaining client and internal stakeholder relationships
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Strong presentation and communication skills in English
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We’re individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and experiences who take on big challenges and create even bigger impact through our work. We’re interested in what makes you you, and how we can create opportunities for you to channel your unique, personal energy and grow to your fullest potential.
Learn more about our office and benefits:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.