Technical Project Manager, Investment Technology
Bridgewater Associates is a premier asset management firm, focused on delivering unique insight and partnership for the most sophisticated global institutional investors.
Our investment process is driven by a tireless pursuit to understand how the world’s markets and economies work — using cutting-edge technology to validate and execute on timeless and universal investment principles.
Founded in 1975, we are a community of independent thinkers who share a commitment for excellence. By fostering a culture of openness, transparency, and inclusion, we strive to unlock the most complex questions in investment strategy, management, and corporate culture.
Explore more information about Bridgewater on our website here.
Bridgewater’s unique success is the direct result of our unique way of being. We want an idea meritocracy in which meaningful work and meaningful relationships are pursued through radical truth and radical transparency. We require people to be extremely open, air disagreements, test each other’s logic, and view discovering mistakes and weaknesses as a good thing that leads to improvement and innovation. It is by continually striving together for the highest levels of truth and excellence that we create meaningful work and meaningful relationships. Within this culture, Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority because it is essential to finding the best talent in the world, enabling our idea meritocracy, and creating an environment where all types of people can thrive. We have a full-time team as well as affinity networks that work on these issues - If you would like to learn more, please let your Bridgewater recruiter know.
Explore more information about Bridgewater’s culture on our website here.
About the Technology Department
The Technology team at Bridgewater engineers systems to understand the world. These systems synthesize and industrialize our global understanding into a hive mind of macroeconomic knowledge which enables us to educate and collaborate with the world’s most influential central banks and policy makers and carefully and strategically manage the world’s most important capital. Our technologists are engineering highly available, high performing and highly secure cloud platforms and infrastructure which support and scale our investing operations.
About the Team
The goal of the Research department is to fundamentally understand how the global economy works. Embedded within the Research department is a uniquely talented technology team that builds and manages the tools that allow our macro economists to conduct their research and understand the world’s economies at a level we believe no other firm is capable of. These tools and platforms tackle problems from data ingestion, to storage, to data modelling/visualizations, to signal creation to name but a few.
You’ll Drive the Following Responsibilities
- Partnering and collaborating with our engineers to understand their goals, needs and challenges.
- Facilitating daily standups, planning, review, and retrospective meetings.
- Keeping the team on the right track, removing impediments, and thinking ahead to identify potential barriers to advancement.
- Understanding problems, people, processes, and products.
- Designing and documenting solutions that drive value across the delivery cycle (project plans etc.)
For most of our roles, Bridgewater offers remote work flexibility, with most employees required to work on campus as their principal work location, a minimum of two days (and in some cases three days) per week with the option to work offsite on other days.
- Proven ability to drive continuous improvement of processes and organizations towards excellence.
- Demonstrated end-to-end project ownership, and ability to drive outcomes until full business value realized.
- Strong and pragmatic knowledge of agile approach and ability to apply it in specific circumstances.
- First class verbal and written communication skills, alongside exceptional organizational prowess
- Strong awareness of software development processes in order to understand the work engineers and product managers are undertaking and ensuring quality and deadlines are upheld.
- 1-5 years of experience in project management or related role
- Familiarity with Scrum or Agile methodology frameworks.
Why Choose Bridgewater?
It takes all types to make Bridgewater great. We seek a diverse group of innovative thinkers and push them to engage in rigorous and thoughtful inquiry. We develop people through an honest examination of their abilities and performance, enabling personal growth and professional development. We strive to provide you opportunities that will challenge you and unlock your potential. One of our core priorities at Bridgewater is to enable our employees to build a great life and career, and we believe our benefits are an important extension of that philosophy. As such, currently Bridgewater offers a competitive suite of benefits including:
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered and access to additional concierge medical services.
- 401(k) plan with generous employer match.
- Paid time off, including fully paid parental leave and a competitive PTO package.
- Workplace flexibility and access to back up childcare.
- Financial assistance for family building support, including adoption and egg freezing.
- Workplace wellness, including on-site gyms, free meals and healthy snacks, and meditation rooms.
- An engaged and active community that includes many company events, affinity networks, and extracurricular interest groups.
- For a full list of Bridgewater benefits, click here.
The expected annual total compensation for this position is $1500,000 - $225,000. The total compensation package includes variable compensation in the form of a discretionary target bonus. The expected base salary for this role is between 70% - 80% of this wage range.
Bridgewater reserves the right to change its current benefits program at any time, in a manner that is consistent with applicable federal and state regulations.
This job description is not a contract and confers no contractual rights, privileges, or benefits on any applicant or potential applicant. Bridgewater has the right to change any and all terms of this job description, including, but not limited to, job responsibilities, qualifications and benefits. Nothing in this job description constitutes an offer or guarantee of employment. Please note that we do provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.