Head of PR and Communications
Head of PR and Communications
Do you have experience in PR & Communications? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a Head of PR and Communications to join our wonderful Marketing team. This is a permanent role with hybrid working available (2-3 days in the office) and can be based in our Leeds or Manchester office.
The role covers both media relations and internal communications with the aim of strengthening Buro Happold’s reputation and brand, both internally and externally. This will include driving media coverage on a global level, including packaging content for use by the regional marketing and communication teams, as well as having responsibility for leading the global internal communications programme, coordinating with regional internal communications leads where they exist.
Success will involve the creation and execution of an increased global PR programme consisting of opinion articles, press releases, proactive outreach to media to place interviews, photo story placements, profile pieces, and the packaging of content for regional marketing and communications teams.
- Lead the development and delivery of a global PR and communications strategy and campaigns to help tell a consistent and compelling story about Buro Happold to external and internal audiences around the world.
- Actively collaborate with senior leadership, regional communications leads, business development teams and other key stakeholders, such as knowledge managers, to understand their needs and show how the global communications team can support their objectives.
- Collaborate with marketing colleagues and subject matter experts around the practice to aid the development of thought leadership material.
- Own our internal communications platforms – SharePoint, Yammer, Rungway etc – working with IT and other stakeholders to deliver best in class.
- Oversee responses to high-level media requests, conferences, media lunches and interviews, and special events.
- Work with external agencies to ensure regular media training for key spokespeople and, where appropriate, act as a company spokesperson. Maintain a list of key spokespeople from across the practice who can be called upon at short notice.
- Ensure a crisis communications and preparedness plan is kept up to date and act as the team’s key point of contact with the Crisis Management Team.
- Manage and advise on the development of all global leadership communications.
Your skills and experience:
- Significant experience working in a global PR and communications lead role.
- Built environment experience advantageous.
- A track record of creating and executing impactful and measurable communications messaging, plans and activity from start to finish including evaluation.
- Experience of helping to shape and manage an integrated corporate narrative in a complex organisation with multiple stakeholders, regional contexts, to ensure clear understanding of the brand and values.
- Experience of ideating and delivering effective internal comms campaigns.
- Demonstrable experience of inputting to the development of thought leadership and using the content in both external and internal communications channels.
- Experience of managing external agencies to deliver additional support and value.
- An audience-focused approach to communications with a demonstrable ability to adapt messages, tactics, and channels to suit specific groups.
- Professional qualifications, such as CIPR, IoIC and CIM are advantageous.
- A degree in a related field is preferred but not essential.
In return for your knowledge and expertise, you will receive a favourable salary and benefits package with a generous holiday entitlement of 25 days per annum (exclusive of bank holidays). Also offered are a company pension scheme, flexible benefits, income protection, car allowance, private medical cover, and life assurance.
A full job description is attached for your review. #LI-CO1 #LI-Hybrid
If you are a creative thinker who enjoys planning and delivering with exceptional communication and collaboration skills, then please contact the Talent Acquisition team today.
Interested? Intrigued? Inspired?
Join us to find out what you’re really capable of.
Buro Happold value flexible working as an important part of the way we work. We welcome applications from those who are seeking flexibility in their careers.
We are an international, integrated consultancy of engineers, designers and advisers. For over 45 years, we have built an unrivalled reputation by delivering creative, value-led solutions for the benefit of people, places and planet. Described by our clients as ‘passionate’, ‘innovative’ and ‘collaborative’, Buro Happold is synonymous with the delivery of exceptionally complex projects on every continent, working with the world’s leading architectural practices and organisations, such as the United Nations, UNESCO and C40 Cities. Through our global community of driven, world-leading engineering, advisory and design professionals, we are acting to address major challenges in an ever-evolving world.
Be you at Buro Happold
Buro Happold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals. We actively promote inclusivity to enable every individual to reach their full potential, the more inclusive we are the better our work will be.
We are working to change the lack of representation of minority groups in the built environment, and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Embracing difference allows us to develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.