Graduate Mechanical Engineer
Graduate Mechanical Engineer
Start designing tomorrow’s future!
Buro Happold has an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Mechanical Engineer to join our inclusive and welcoming team.
As a Graduate Mechanical Engineer, you will collaborate with architects and other engineers to develop creative, energy-efficient buildings that provide aesthetic to their physical surroundings and utility to their occupants.
In your first few weeks in this graduate mechanical role, you can expect to:
- Embrace the latest technologies to improve performance and sustainability
- Perform detailed HVAC engineering building services design and calculations using software and knowledge to verify robust calculations
- Ensure service and project work are carried out to an excellent standard within agreed deadlines and budget
To apply for this Graduate Mechanical Engineer role, you will need a Bachelor's or Master's degree in mechanical, civil, sanitary, environmental, or architectural engineering. You will also require coursework in HVAC design, heat transfer, thermodynamics, and fluid hydraulics/dynamics. We are also looking for:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Mechanical, Civil, Sanitary, Environmental or Architectural Engineering
- Coursework in HVAC design, heat transfer, thermodynamics, and/or fluid hydraulics/dynamics
- Familiarity with BIM modelling software, such as Revit
- Knowledge of IES software would be advantageous
- Interest and/or experience in visual programming (Dynamo, Grasshopper), coding (Python, C#), and/or open source coding projects
- Internship experience at engineering related firm preferred, and proven interest in the built environment
- Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible manner
- Eagerness to learn and work as part of a multidisciplinary team
If you’re looking to make a positive impact and create change, possessing an inclusive and committed approach, you will be rewarded with an excellent salary and benefits package.
What we offer:
- Salary range of $72,000 to $75,000. This will be determined based on factors such as geographic location, skills, education, and/or experience
- Generous benefits package
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Generous PTO (4-5 weeks depending on position) in addition to 10 paid holidays
- 401k with company match
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Hybrid working & summer hours
- Reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees
- Global network of experts
- Learning and development opportunities
- Be a part of our Young Employees Forum and our Diversity and Inclusion Forum
Interested? Intrigued? Inspired?
Please apply with Buro Happold today if this full-time Graduate Mechanical Engineer job sounds right for you.
Be you at Buro Happold
Buro Happold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals. We actively promote inclusivity to enable every individual to reach their full potential, the more inclusive we are the better our work will be.
We are working to change the lack of representation of minority groups in the built environment, and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Embracing difference allows us to develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.