Senior Mechanical Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
We are looking for a talented Senior Mechanical Engineer to join us on the West Coast! We offer hybrid working and are looking for this individual to be based in Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco or Seattle.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer you will have the opportunity to lead design for mechanical engineering across a portfolio of ground-breaking projects in the US and globally. Strong communication skills and teamwork are essential to life at Buro Happold and in turn, we can offer you unrivalled career, project, and development opportunities.
What would you be doing?
As a key part of the team, your responsibilities will be varied, but likely to include:
- Undertake detailed mechanical engineering design
- Act as the mechanical lead on a portfolio of projects
- Production of coordinated detailed design drawings, specifications, written reports, site observation reports, schedules etc. on a variety of projects
- Work competently on an independent basis
- Ensure service and project work are carried out within agreed deadlines and within budget.
- Plan and manage REVIT documentation of design work
- Mentor and assist Graduate Engineers
- Prepare technical specifications, review and sign-off on calculations and prepare construction documents
- Work closely with clients, architects, other Buro Happold Engineers, and/or design team members as part of a dedicated and skilled team
- Communicate directly with Clients
- Manage workload of Project Discipline Engineers (including verification of quality)
- Take responsibility for concept and preliminary engineering solutions
- Carry out design reviews prior to the issue of technical documentation
- Monitor financial performance of projects
- Under guidance of senior staff, represent Buro Happold at meetings with the client, other professionals and suppliers.
- Set up and manage job/project administrative systems, including planning and monitoring job resourcing/expenditure (adjusting these as necessary)
- Keep senior staff informed of important and relevant service/design decisions and the objectives of the client are achieved
- Continually ensure practices, policies, strategy and services represent the client’s best interests and that Buro Happold policy is in keeping with current legislation and the relevant building codes for the relevant state etc
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years of experience in Mechanical Engineering and HVAC experience
- Ability to accept a high degree of responsibility in a team-based organization, combined with ability to work independently
- Broad Mechanical Engineering and Environmental design knowledge, from working on a wide range of US and international projects
- Ideally sector experience in Cultural projects, Labs, Commercial and Higher Education
- Experience using Revit, BIM360, and Navisworks
- Experience using Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and Bluebeam
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Relevant bachelor or master degree
- PE preferred, but not necessary
- Solve some of the most interesting challenges on world-class projects in collaboration with top architects
- Work within a truly multidisciplinary environment, capitalizing on Buro Happold’s extensive knowledge base in CFD, building physics, micro-climate analysis, climate change mitigation and energy master planning to inform truly environmentally responsive MEP designs
- Advance your career within a forward-thinking, global community of engineering professionals.
- Have a positive impact on the environment through your work locally, nationally, and internationally
What we offer:
- Salary range of $85,700 to $125,700. This will be determined based on factors such as geographic location, skills, education, and/or experience
- Generous benefits package
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Generous PTO (4 weeks) in addition to 10 paid holidays
- 401k with company match
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Hybrid working & summer hours
- Reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees
- Global network of experts
- Learning and development opportunities
- Be a part of our Young Employees Forum and our Diversity and Inclusion Forum
Described by our clients as 'passionate', 'innovative', 'collaborative': Buro Happold is an independent, international engineering practice that for over 40 years has become synonymous with the delivery of creative, value led building and city solutions for an ever changing world. Having worked on every continent, our clients include more than 90% of the world's leading architectural practices and we have collaborated with global organisations such as the United Nations, The World Bank and UNESCO. Through our global community of driven, world leading engineering and consulting professionals we deliver elegant solutions for buildings and cities that seek to address the major problems facing societies today. Follow us @burohappold and find out more at www.burohappold.com.
Buro Happold value flexible working as an important part of the way we work. We welcome applications from those who are seeking flexibility in their careers.
Be you at Buro Happold
Buro Happold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals. We actively promote inclusivity to enable every individual to reach their full potential, the more inclusive we are the better our work will be.
We are working to change the lack of representation of minority groups in the built environment, and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Embracing difference allows us to develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.