Senior Plumbing & Fire Protection Engineer
Senior Plumbing & Fire Protection Engineer
As a Senior Plumbing & Fire Protection Engineer you will have the opportunity to design for plumbing and fire protection across a portfolio of ground-breaking projects in the US and globally. Strong communication skills and teamwork are essential to life at Buro Happold and in turn, we can offer you unrivalled career, project, and development opportunities.
What would you be doing?
As a key part of the team, your responsibilities will be varied, but likely to include:
- Production of coordinated detailed design specifications
- Communicate directly with Clients
- Manage workload of Project Discipline Engineers and Technicians (including verification of quality)
- Take responsibility for concept and preliminary engineering solutions for detail design & prepare Technical Specifications
- Monitor financial performance of jobs
- Written reports and site surveys
- Share knowledge of technical and detailed design of a project with engineers and graduate engineers
- The provision of technical / detailed design engineering services to the broader building services team and a responsibility for schematic design through construction administration to a range of external clients
- Delivery of detailed design across plumbing and fire protection disciplines that include sanitary/waste/vent systems and rainwater drainage systems, domestic hot, cold- and hot water return systems, standpipes and sprinkler design
- Engage with all disciplines to promote a coordinated developed design
- 5+ years of plumbing and fire protection engineering experience
- Relevant bachelor or master degree
- Lab/healthcare, commercial office and residential project experience preferred
- Ability to accept a high degree of responsibility in a team-based organization, combined with ability to work independently
- Broad design knowledge, working on a wide range of US and international projects
- Understanding of sustainable plumbing design and systems like rainwater harvesting systems, black and grey water systems, domestic hot water pre heat, and electrification
- Experience using Revit, Bluebeam and BIM360
- Able to review and analyze code if in new and unfamiliar areas and has a deep understanding of IPC, NFPA, related plumbing standards and aware of UPC.
- Membership in ASPE or ISPE, with Certified Plumbing Designer and LEED AP accreditation desirable
- Solve some of the most interesting challenges on world-class projects in collaboration with top architects
- Work within a truly multidisciplinary environment, capitalizing on Buro Happold’s extensive knowledge base in CFD, building physics, micro-climate analysis, climate change mitigation and energy master planning to inform truly environmentally responsive MEP designs
- Advance your career within a forward-thinking, global community of engineering professionals
- Have a positive impact on the environment through your work locally, nationally, and internationally
What we offer:
- Salary range of $87,000 to $117,000. This will be determined based on factors such as geographic location, skills, education, and/or experience
- Generous benefits package
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Generous PTO (4-5 weeks depending on position) in addition to 10 paid holidays
- 401k with company match
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Hybrid working & summer hours
- Reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees
- Global network of experts
- Learning and development opportunities
- Be a part of our Young Employees Forum and our Diversity and Inclusion Forum
Join us to find out what you’re really capable of.
Described by our clients as 'passionate', 'innovative', 'collaborative': Buro Happold is an independent, international engineering practice that for over 40 years has become synonymous with the delivery of creative, value led building and city solutions for an ever changing world. Having worked on every continent, our clients include more than 90% of the world's leading architectural practices and we have collaborated with global organisations such as the United Nations, The World Bank and UNESCO. Through our global community of driven, world leading engineering and consulting professionals we deliver elegant solutions for buildings and cities that seek to address the major problems facing societies today. Follow us @burohappold and find out more at www.burohappold.com.
Buro Happold value flexible working as an important part of the way we work. We welcome applications from those who are seeking flexibility in their careers.
Be you at Buro Happold
Buro Happold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals. We actively promote inclusivity to enable every individual to reach their full potential, the more inclusive we are the better our work will be.
We are working to change the lack of representation of minority groups in the built environment, and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Embracing difference allows us to develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.