Associate Director (Building Surveyor)
Associate Director (Building Surveyor)
We are recruiting for a Building Surveyor at Associate Director level to lead the expansion of our Asset Consultancy team in Leeds.
As our first dedicated surveyor in this region, you will have the opportunity to develop your client base and expand your market profile whilst shaping a new team around you.
More about the role...
As part of a multidisciplinary team, you will lead our Asset Consultancy offering in the Leeds office with a focus on strategic property advice for both individual buildings and complete premises portfolios, across the cultural, commercial, entertainment, financial, utilities, technology and education sectors.
This role would suit an experienced Building Surveyor with strong consulting and leadership skills who is interested in growing a team and client base, leveraging Buro Happold's existing capabilities and relationships in the region.
Whilst this is a leadership role, you will need to be comfortable delivering projects (largely autonomously) until such a point that revenue can create opportunities to recruit additional resource.
- Acting as a point of contact for clients and internal collaborators in respect to Asset Consultancy services in the region (primarily Leeds and Manchester).
- Gathering requirements and consulting with clients to scope out proposals and bids.
- Taking responsibility for Project set up and planning across Asset Consultancy commissions.
- Providing pre-acquisition and post-occupancy advice to clients across multiple sectors and a wide range of building types.
- Developing strategic, technically based reports and plans which address client challenges; implementing and monitoring recommendations through the project life cycle.
- Preparation of condition surveys, forward maintenance plans, dilapidation schedules, defect analyses, system diagnostics reports, schedules of condition and the monitoring of the subsequent works processes.
- Partnering with senior leaders in the North (Office Directors and Partners) to drive work-winning and business development, with a focus on existing buildings.
- Working with internal collaborators in the region to review and plan BD/Bidding activities, and pipeline opportunities.
- Taking responsibility for growing and leading a small team, and partnering effectively with Asset Consultancy colleagues elsewhere in the UK (London and Bath).
- Elevating the visibility and improving the positioning of Buro Happold as a provider of Asset Consultancy services in the regional market.
Your skills and experience:
- Chartered Building Surveyor (RICS) with experience in facilities management/property consultancy.
- An existing network of clients and collaborators in the regional market.
- Experience in a line management role combined with a keenness to grow a team.
- Bachelors degree (BEng) / BSc or Masters degree (MEng) / MSc in relevant discipline.
- Mobility to travel at short notice.
What we offer:
- Performance incentive scheme, up to 8% of basic salary.
- Hybrid working and international remote working for up to 4 weeks per year.
- Parental leave, up to six months on full salary.
- 25 days annual leave plus flexible holiday.
- 10% pension contribution (based on 5% employer contribution)
- Life Assurance and Income Protection.
- Professional subscriptions.
- Flexible Benefits - including Cycle scheme, Dental insurance, Gym memberships, Travel insurance, Corporate discounts.
We value flexible working and welcome applications from those who are seeking this in their careers.
Join us to find out what you’re really capable of
Be you at Buro Happold
Buro Happold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals. We actively promote inclusivity to enable every individual to reach their full potential, the more inclusive we are the better our work will be.
We are working to change the lack of representation of minority groups in the built environment, and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Embracing difference allows us to develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.