Are you passionate about creating innovative, elegant and sustainable built environment?
Do you want to develop yourself further in an exciting, international environment?
We're looking for enthusiastic Sustainability Consultants to join us in any of Greater China offices - Hong Kong, Shanghai, Shenzhen and Beijing.
- Work under senior colleague to comply with high performance and/or sustainable design guidelines for projects.
- As part of a team, collaborate and present cutting-edge trends and, sustainability goals to design and construction teams, implement regional initiatives, and consult/coordinate with internal and external teams/consultants/clients.
- Support in developing innovative strategies to improve performance goals for sustainability, wellbeing, low carbon in building design and construction and help implement best practices.
- Depending on your experience, having an understanding of or being responsible for Building Physics studies, including solar irradiation analysis, micro-climate simulation, energy simulation, and coordination with project design teams in optimising building performance based on the building physics studies.
- Coordination with project design teams in compliance with rating system, including LEED, WELL, BREEAM, HK BEAM, and guide projects through associated third-party certification programs.
- Assess project plans accurately and efficiently, prepare design and construction specifications based on different sustainable design guidelines/rating systems.
- Coordinating directly with other project team members and supporting regional teams.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong understanding of sustainable design practices and regulatory requirements.
- Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- WELL AP, LEED AP, BREEAM AP/Assessor, or other sustainable accreditations preferred.
- Master’s degree in architecture, ecology, water, environment, energy, or related field (Graduated from World Top 100 Universities or Chinese 985/211 Universities is an additional advantage).
- Familiar with simulation software, such as IES, CFD, eQuest, energyplus, ecotect, grasshopper, etc is an additional advantage.
- Good command of English, Mandarin language. Cantonese language is an additional advantage.
- Willingness to travel.
Interested? Intrigued? Inspired?
Join us to find out what you’re really capable of.
Described by our clients as 'passionate', 'innovative', 'collaborative': Buro Happold is an independent, international engineering practice that for over 40 years has become synonymous with the delivery of creative, value led building and city solutions for an ever changing world. Having worked on every continent, our clients include more than 90% of the world's leading architectural practices and we have collaborated with global organisations such as the United Nations, The World Bank and UNESCO. Through our global community of driven, world leading engineering and consulting professionals we deliver elegant solutions for buildings and cities that seek to address the major problems facing societies today. Follow us @burohappold and find out more at www.burohappold.com. I-
Be you at Buro Happold
Buro Happold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals. We actively promote inclusivity to enable every individual to reach their full potential, the more inclusive we are the better our work will be.
We are working to change the lack of representation of minority groups in the built environment, and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Embracing difference allows us to develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.