Project Controls Specialist
Project Controls Specialist
Buro Happold is currently looking for a Project Controls Specialist to join our Project Delivery team. The Specialist will work with engineering teams supporting Job Leaders and Project Directors with the planning and financial management of the projects to ensure consistency of approach and to help manage and mitigate exposure to scope, schedule, budget, quality, and commercial risk. The Specialist will also work with Discipline Leaders to more efficiently resource projects and monitor utilization. The Specialist may also identify improvement projects and drive them to completion. In this leadership role, you will act as an subject matter expert for Project Delivery.
- Perform project reviews and assist with project planning, forecasting and scheduling, estimates at completion, as well as quality, risk and change management activities
- Monitor project financial performance and act as a liaison for project teams and project finance (accounting)
- Provide support, training and coaching on project management best practices to Job Leaders (JLs) and Project Directors (PDs) to keep projects on track and escalate, as appropriate, when risks are perceived
- Be a trusted partner to Discipline Leaders (DLs) providing insight into performance and strategic team management to support improving utilization and project profitability
- Lead improvement initiatives within the Project Delivery team as well as other disciplines
- Be a mentor and/or manager to more junior members of the Project Delivery team, coaching and developing their skills and providing quality control
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in Construction Management, Electrical/Civil/Mechanical Engineering, Accounting/Finance, or Project Management.
- 7+ years of Project Controls experience in a project or program environment
- PMI certification such as a PMP is desirable
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Self-disciplined, motivated, able to work with limited direct supervision, self-sufficient problem solver
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills to ensure high quality, positive interfaces with project teams and for explaining project management best practices to others
- Expert user of PMIS databases and ERP systems, preferably Deltek Vantagepoint
- Experience using Microsoft Project 2019 or later preferred
- General understanding of earned value principles
- Advanced experience using MS Excel and preferably Power BI in financial data analysis to identify, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets to inform future project planning
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Dedication to continual process improvement
What we offer:
- Salary range of $90,000 to $135,000. This will be determined based on factors such as geographic location, skills, education, and/or experience
- Generous benefits package
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Generous PTO (4 weeks) in addition to 10 paid holidays
- 401k with company match
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Hybrid working & summer hours
- Reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees
- Global network of experts
- Learning and development opportunities
- Be a part of our Young Employees Forum and our Diversity and Inclusion Forum
Described by our clients as 'passionate', 'innovative', 'collaborative': Buro Happold is an independent, international engineering practice that for over 40 years has become synonymous with the delivery of creative, value led building and city solutions for an ever changing world. Having worked on every continent, our clients include more than 90% of the world's leading architectural practices and we have collaborated with global organisations such as the United Nations, The World Bank and UNESCO. Through our global community of driven, world leading engineering and consulting professionals we deliver elegant solutions for buildings and cities that seek to address the major problems facing societies today. Follow us @burohappold and find out more at www.burohappold.com.
Buro Happold value flexible working as an important part of the way we work. We welcome applications from those who are seeking flexibility in their careers.
Be you at Buro Happold
Buro Happold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals. We actively promote inclusivity to enable every individual to reach their full potential, the more inclusive we are the better our work will be.
We are working to change the lack of representation of minority groups in the built environment, and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Embracing difference allows us to develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.