Are you an experienced Paralegal looking for a new challenge? Buro Happold has a fantastic opportunity to join a team of dedicated, busy commercial and legal experts in our Bath or London office. This is a full-time, permanent role with hybrid working available (minimum 2 – 3 days in the office).
You will be working at the heart of the team to ensure that all operational support runs smoothly and have a chance to utilise your legal knowledge and apply it in a practical way to the business.
You will need to work collaboratively with the Commercial and Legal Team and other business functions and have an ability to handle sensitive issues and data. Utilising exceptional communication skills, you will confidently get things done. Proactivity and an eye for detail will serve you well, in this wide-ranging and engaging position.
- Liaising with our busy Project Teams in arranging the execution of construction-based agreements including Appointments, Collateral Warranties, Novation Agreements and Sub-Consultancy arrangements.
- Following training on key clauses found in professional services agreements, data inputting onto our online project management system as part of ongoing reporting by the team to senior management.
- Interpreting legal documents and providing a synopsis to the team.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating simple commercial agreements, non-disclosure agreements and reliance letters.
- Assisting on procurement contractual matters.
- Liaising with a variety of teams including project teams, IT, HR, Finance and Marketing to collaborate and coordinate operations.
- Supporting timely project management and resource planning by ensuring that documents under your control are completing and filed on time, setting reminders for follow-up where needed.
Your skills and experience:
- An ability to demonstrate a commercial and cultural understanding of the sensitivities of the business and its operations and translate this into practical processes and solutions that the business units can utilise.
- Ability to make sound judgements based on good insights and analytical rigour.
- Can-do attitude with an enthusiasm to connect with the team and their work.
- Highly organised, detail oriented and a natural planner.
- Discretionary annual bonus.
- Generous holiday entitlement of 25 days per annum, exclusive of Bank Holidays.
- International working and flexible holiday.
- 3pm finish on the last Friday of the month.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Life Assurance and Income Protection.
- Enhanced family friendly leave policies.
- Professional subscriptions.
- Flexible Benefits - including Cycle scheme, Dental insurance, Optical Cover, Travel insurance, corporate discounts.
A full job description is attached for your review. #LI-CO1 #LI-Hybrid
Interested? Intrigued? Inspired?
Join us to find out what you’re really capable of.
Buro Happold value flexible working as an important part of the way we work. We welcome applications from those who are seeking flexibility in their careers.
We wish to create a team that is fully inclusive, and welcome applications from those who are seeking flexible or part-time working. If you have any specific requirements that would enable you to take this role, we would be keen to explore this with you.
Be you at Buro Happold
Buro Happold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals. We actively promote inclusivity to enable every individual to reach their full potential, the more inclusive we are the better our work will be.
We are working to change the lack of representation of minority groups in the built environment, and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Embracing difference allows us to develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.