Associate Transport Planner
Associate Transport Planner
We are looking for a Associate Transport Planner to join our Transport & Mobility team to work on a diverse range of projects that cover urban development, infrastructure planning and design, resource management, and programme delivery. This position is within our Cities business unit that is at the forefront of innovation in the urban environment.
We wish to create a team that is fully inclusive, and welcome applications from those who are seeking flexible or part-time working. If you have any specific requirements that would enable you to take this role, we would be keen to explore this with you.
Interested in helping to achieve Net Zero, improving air quality and designing healthier cities? Interested in how we can enable people to move around cities in more sustainable ways? Join our dedicated Transport and Mobility team where you will be able to make a positive difference to the world. Our growing and diverse team undertakes a variety of consultancy work from developing sustainable transport strategies to delivering transport masterplans, in the UK and globally. We are looking for geographers, environmentalists, planners, engineers, economists and public health/active travel specialists who want to make a difference.
Our transport team works across a variety of exciting projects around the world, with work varying from strategic master planning at city, area or development scale to transport assessments at a development stage. A large-scale medical facility for Qatar in Doha, Tottenham Hotspurs new stadium in North London and a master plan for a garden city in Malaysia count as part of recent projects with a strong pipeline of future work and plans to continue expanding and capitalising on Buro Happold’s transport offering.
• Experience in urban or transport planning/design, environmental analysis, economics and/or transport data analysis/modelling
• Able to draft technical reports and presentations and ability to visualise and articulate complex problems
• Communication skills with the ability to prepare and present work to both internal and external stakeholders
• Creative, innovative mind-set, lateral thinker
• Experience in working as part of a project-based team
• Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint essential, other software tools desirable.
• Ability to challenge conventional thinking and look towards future mobility
• Passion for smart and sustainable solutions
• Capability in other transport or city planning skills such master planning and planning strategy
• Understanding of development planning principles and exposure to integrated design within master planning
• Experience in using software: GIS, CAD, Adobe packages (illustrator and InDesign)
• Experience of working on international projects and flexibility to travel
What's in it for me?
The chance to take on a leadership role in a growing team, working alongside various environmental and engineering disciplines on some of the most significant projects in the UK.
Join us to find out what you’re really capable of.
Described by our clients as 'passionate', 'innovative', and 'collaborative': Buro Happold is an independent, international engineering practice that for over 40 years has become synonymous with the delivery of creative, value-led building and city solutions for an ever-changing world. Having worked on every continent, our clients include more than 90% of the world's leading architectural practices and we have collaborated with global organisations such as the United Nations, The World Bank, and UNESCO. Through our global community of driven, world-leading engineering and consulting professionals we deliver elegant solutions for buildings and cities that seek to address the major problems facing societies today. Follow us @burohappold and find out more at www.burohappold.com.
Buro Happold value flexible working as an important part of the way we work. We welcome applications from those who are seeking flexibility in their careers. #LI-TG1 #LI-Hybrid
Be you at Buro Happold
Buro Happold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals. We actively promote inclusivity to enable every individual to reach their full potential, the more inclusive we are the better our work will be.
We are working to change the lack of representation of minority groups in the built environment, and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Embracing difference allows us to develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.