Senior Electrical Engineer
Senior Electrical Engineer
As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you will have the opportunity to apply your technical knowledge of building services systems across a portfolio of ground-breaking projects in the US and globally. Strong communication skills and teamwork are essential to life at Buro Happold and in turn, we can offer you unrivalled career, project, and development opportunities.
What would you be doing?
As a key part of the team, your responsibilities will be varied, but likely to include:
- Provide electrical design expertise to clients in a wide variety of contexts
- Develop strategic, technically based reports and plans
- Prepare condition surveys, forward maintenance plans, dilapidation schedules, defect analyses, system diagnostics reports, schedules of condition and the monitoring of the subsequent works processes
- Provide business, technical, maintenance, operational and energy audits and, or studies based upon conventional and alternative energy sources for individual or groups of buildings
- Demonstrate awareness of sustainable construction, operations and maintenance
- Prepare Employer’s Requirements and Developer’s Specifications for new buildings, building refurbishment, renovation, remodeling, engineering services and allied systems and the monitoring of project works
- Organize resources and ensure that services and projects are carried out to an agreed program and within budget
- Contribute to Buro Happold-wide initiatives with respect to technical development / market sectors and processes
What are we looking for?
- 5-7 years’ experience of electrical engineering design in the building services and construction industry
- Experience working on projects in the following sectors is beneficial: Higher Education, Museums, Commercial, Transportation Hubs and/or Stadiums
- Relevant bachelor or master’s degree
- Experience using Revit
- Familiarity using computational analysis tools such as electrical fault analysis and lighting design software
- Excellent technical knowledge of electrical systems; ability to investigate, identify and provide solutions to technical problems
- Experience in the preparation of technical reports
- Ability to problem solve and propose multiple solutions
- Solve some of the most interesting challenges on world-class projects in collaboration with top architects
- Work within a truly multidisciplinary environment, capitalizing on Buro Happold’s extensive knowledge base in CFD, building physics, micro-climate analysis, climate change mitigation and energy master planning to inform truly environmentally responsive MEP designs
- Advance your career within a forward-thinking, global community of engineering professionals
- Have a positive impact on the environment through your work locally, nationally, and internationally
What we offer:
- Salary range of $87,000 to $125,000. This will be determined based on factors such as geographic location, skills, education, and/or experience
- Generous benefits package
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Generous PTO (4-5 weeks depending on position) in addition to 10 paid holidays
- 401k with company match
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Hybrid working & summer hours
- Reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees
- Global network of experts
- Learning and development opportunities
- Be a part of our Young Employees Forum and our Diversity and Inclusion Forum
Described by our clients as 'passionate', 'innovative', 'collaborative': Buro Happold is an independent, international engineering practice that for over 40 years has become synonymous with the delivery of creative, value led building and city solutions for an ever changing world. Having worked on every continent, our clients include more than 90% of the world's leading architectural practices and we have collaborated with global organisations such as the United Nations, The World Bank and UNESCO. Through our global community of driven, world leading engineering and consulting professionals we deliver elegant solutions for buildings and cities that seek to address the major problems facing societies today. Follow us @burohappold and find out more at www.burohappold.com.
Buro Happold value flexible working as an important part of the way we work. We welcome applications from those who are seeking flexibility in their careers.
Be you at Buro Happold
Buro Happold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals. We actively promote inclusivity to enable every individual to reach their full potential, the more inclusive we are the better our work will be.
We are working to change the lack of representation of minority groups in the built environment, and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Embracing difference allows us to develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.