We have a great opportunity for a FP&A Manager to join our global Finance team and play an integral role for global Financial Planning & Analysis. Reporting directly to the Director of Financial Operations the role is pivotal in supporting Buro Happold during its exciting growth strategy.
This commercially focused role, within the global finance team, will support the practice with business insight and management information for decision making. This is a new role in response to our growing business and the need for accurate, timely and insightful Management information / reporting. This role will be focused on consolidating and interpreting financial and management information from across our multi-discipline global practice. It will be a pivotal role within the finance senior management team and will work closely with a variety of stakeholders across the business.
The FP&A Manager will be responsible for:
- Leading the global multi-region / multi-discipline management accounts consolidation process for month end, budget, and forecasts
- Deliver robust planning process including annual budget and quarterly forecast
- Work closely with the leadership team to produce accurate forecasts, focused on Profit, revenue, projects margins and cash / DSO
- Maintain a suite of financial KPI’s that evolve with the practice as we move through our period of strategic growth
- Produce financial reports / dashboard – Interpretation of results, ensure reporting provides insightful commentary and actions focused
- Periodic updates of the practice long term strategic plan (1,3,6 year plan). Support the practice with long term strategic planning, through building models and defining key assumptions and plans
- Maintain and improve on budget & forecast financial model in the business, potential to introduce a budget & reporting tool
- Own and maintain financial risks and opportunities log, with focused action plans
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement to ensure effective support to changing business needs.
- Accountable for functionality and development roadmap for systems used to support planning exercises - including identification, evaluation/implementation, development & maintenance.
The successful candidate will be a Qualified accountant will have had previous experience in an FP&A role, ideally from an Engineering or Professional Services company. They will need excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to juggle multiple demands and priorities. As well as strong financial modelling skills they will have delivered financial planning cycles for a global business.
Why Buro Happold?
From helping shape entire cities to adapting infrastructure to deal with the climate emergency, a career at Buro Happold presents the chance to make a difference. With a world class reputation, our creativity and our people have delivered positive change to clients, the environment, and communities. If you want to be part of something bigger, this is your chance.
What we offer:
- Generous holiday entitlement of 25 days per annum, exclusive of Bank Holidays.
- Hybrid working arrangements.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Income Protection.
- Flexible Benefits - including Cycle scheme, Dental insurance, Optical Cover, Travel insurance and Corporate discounts.
- Buro Happold actively encourages its employees to finish at 3pm on the last Friday of each month (depending on business demands). These hours can equate to an additional 4 days leave per annum.
We proudly support hybrid working however candidates will be expected to travel to our Bath or London office 2-3 days a week.
Be you at Buro Happold
Buro Happold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals. We actively promote inclusivity to enable every individual to reach their full potential, the more inclusive we are the better our work will be.
We are working to change the lack of representation of minority groups in the built environment, and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Embracing difference allows us to develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.