Associate or Associate Principal ICT / ESS Engineer
Associate or Associate Principal ICT / ESS Engineer
We are looking for a talented and experienced Information, Communication, and Technology (ICT) / Electronic Security Systems (ESS) Engineer to join our hybrid team in Los Angeles or San Francisco!
The Associate or Associate Principal ICT / ESS Engineer is responsible for all ICT and security technology design on a wide range of commercial, educational, sports, entertainment, government and infrastructure project types. This position will integrate with other ICT / security consulting team members conducting Threat, Vulnerability, Risk Assessments, as well as physical ICT and security designs and consulting, and will include advising our clients through planning, design, and construction. The Associate Engineer will be responsible for providing innovated ICT / security technology solutions through design and consulting in addition to supporting RFP/RFQ responses for obtaining new project work. Success of this position will be delivered through innovative solutions, communications, and teamwork, as well as a proactive attitude and a strong drive for excellence.
What would you be doing?
As a key part of the team, your responsibilities will be varied, but likely to include:
- Responsible for ICT / Electronic Security System (ESS) design and consulting
- Integrate technical and operational requirements, including but not limited to ICT, Access Control (ACS), intrusion detection systems (IDS), video surveillance systems (VSS) systems, into the overall security design drawings/models
- Maintain familiarity with current and emerging ICT / ESS vendors and solutions such as access control, video surveillance, intrusion detection, biometrics, barriers, door hardware, etc
- Work closely with vendors to develop solutions that exceed our clients’ expectations
- Write technical reports summarizing results, recommended ICT / security solutions, risk mitigation measures, and transition to technology implementation
- Create conceptual and schematic Basis of Design (BOD) reports
- Create and maintain Division 27 & 28 CSI Master format specifications
- Coordinate directly with clients and other project team members
- Work with external vendors and contractors on construction administration items, RFI, Submittal and QAQC on site project reviews
- Support with proposal RFP/RFQ responses that pertain to obtain new design work
- Develop and maintain key client relationships under all circumstances, maximize opportunities for repeat business
What are we looking for?
- Associate’s or Bachelor's Degree in technical/STEM discipline or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of relevant work experience preferred
- Experience supporting DoD and/or Federal Government IT infrastructure, including IT infrastructure and Electronic Security Systems (ACS / IDS / VSS / Biometrics) is strongly preferred
- BICSI RCDD / ASIS PSP certification strongly preferred
- Capable of attaining a United States Security Clearance strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and technical writing skills Self-motivated and team-oriented In-depth background in ICT / security technology design and integration
- AutoCAD / Revit experience preferred
- Local network and credibility
- Solve some of the most interesting challenges on world-class projects in collaboration with top architects
- Work within a truly multidisciplinary environment, capitalizing on Buro Happold’s extensive knowledge base in delivering award winning, environmentally conscious designs.
- Advance your career within a forward-thinking, global community of engineering professionals
- Have a positive impact on the environment through your work locally, nationally, and internationally
What we offer:
- Salary range of $103,100 to $160,000. This will be determined based on factors such as geographic location, skills, education, and/or experience
- Generous benefits package
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Generous PTO (4-5 weeks depending on position) in addition to 10 paid holidays
- 401k with company match
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Hybrid working & summer hours
- Reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees
- Global network of experts
- Learning and development opportunities
- Be a part of our Young Employees Forum and our Diversity and Inclusion Forum
Described by our clients as 'passionate', 'innovative', 'collaborative': Buro Happold is an independent, international engineering practice that for over 40 years has become synonymous with the delivery of creative, value led building and city solutions for an ever changing world. Having worked on every continent, our clients include more than 90% of the world's leading architectural practices and we have collaborated with global organisations such as the United Nations, The World Bank and UNESCO. Through our global community of driven, world leading engineering and consulting professionals we deliver elegant solutions for buildings and cities that seek to address the major problems facing societies today. Follow us @burohappold and find out more at www.burohappold.com.
Buro Happold value flexible working as an important part of the way we work. We welcome applications from those who are seeking flexibility in their careers.
Be you at Buro Happold
Buro Happold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals. We actively promote inclusivity to enable every individual to reach their full potential, the more inclusive we are the better our work will be.
We are working to change the lack of representation of minority groups in the built environment, and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Embracing difference allows us to develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.