Regional HR Manager/HR Business Partner
Regional HR Manager/HR Business Partner
Are you an HR specialist looking for an exciting new role in Hong Kong?
Buro Happold is looking for a standalone Regional HR Manager/HR Business Partner to be based in Hong Kong reporting to a HR Director in the UK and partnering with business leaders and wider global HR team (most of which are also based in the UK).
The role will support line managers and leaders providing professional expertise on all HR matters, as well as ensuring the HR operations runs smoothly across our offices in Hong Kong & China, with some support to our office in Indonesia,
Here at Buro Happold, expect the exceptional.
From career-defining opportunities to an inclusive and diverse practice where we all contribute to a more equitable world. From our reputation to our relationships. Wherever your Buro Happold career takes you, it’ll be anything but ordinary.
- Develop effective internal HR relationships with key stakeholders (HR Operations, Resourcing, L&D and Reward, Head of D&I, Analytics and reporting roles, Regional HR teams), and being part of the global HR community participating in or leading projects and initiatives and knowledge sharing.
- Build effective relationships with discipline leaders, line managers and other key stakeholders to effectively provide advice on HR policy and process in accordance with employment law and best practice, as well as supporting with employee relations matters.
- Work in partnership with the Recruitment/Talent Acquisition team, providing support as required, including identifying recruitment gaps, attending resource meetings, providing support to line managers and driving the recruitment process in Hong Kong and China.
- Support the business in arranging secondments and work visas, promotion interviews, and any other processes that fall within HR’s remit, as well as providing support in interviewing and selection of both internal and external candidates.
- Identify potential gaps in the onboarding process and help to align a streamlined approach across the region.
- Partner with the Global L&D Consultants to ensure appropriate learning and development initiatives are embedded.
- Support monthly pay roll process and annual performance pay review and bonus process, providing guidance to the business whilst managing the employees benefit schemes across the region- regularly reviewing reward strategy, and working closely with benefit providers to review cover and renewal process.
Your Skills and Experience:
- HR practitioner with significant experience in a HR operational/business partner role, comfortable being able to undertake timely and considered decisions, including corrective action as necessary.
- Practical knowledge of employment-related processes and procedures, with demonstrable knowledge of Hong Kong employment law and legislation knowledge, as well as well as some knowledge of China employment law and legislation.
- Experience of providing HR advisory, operational and administrative services to a senior leadership whilst being comfortable utilising HR data to enhance management understanding and decision making.
- Previous experience in managing, preparing and reviewing monthly payrolls.
- Ability to proactively build relationships and trust amongst colleagues and stakeholders, providing communication and resolutions in a diplomatic manner.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written in English, Cantonese and Mandarin, able to obtain positive outcomes and work with a variety of stakeholders from a variety of cultures
- Experience working for an international / global company.
Apply now and be where exceptional is everywhere.
A place for everyone
Buro Happold values individual's flexible approaches to working patterns as an important part of the way you work and achieve balance. We welcome applications from those who are seeking flexibility in their careers.
Our exceptional portfolio of projects is the result of the diversity of thought, identities, backgrounds and experiences that shape us. Appreciating each other’s differences is key, we want employees to feel they don’t have to mask elements of their identity to thrive.
We are working to change the lack of representation of marginalised groups in the built environment and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Embracing difference allows us to develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.
Please let us know if there are any adjustments we could make to the application process to make it easier and more comfortable for you. Contact email@example.com so we can work with you to support you throughout your application.