Technology Programme Manager
Technology Programme Manager
Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can and we believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different. Such differences may mean we need to make changes to our process to allow you the best possible platform to succeed, and we are happy to cater to any reasonable adjustments you may require. You will find the section to let us know of these at the bottom of your application form or you can mention it directly to your recruiter at any stage and they will be happy to help.
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
- Experts in Banking & Payments, Capital Markets, Insurance and Wealth & Asset Management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there.
- A growing Cloud community of professionals from architecture to advisory to delivery, founded on real delivery expertise
- Focused on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
Who are Capco Technologists?
We are a team of people who are curious and willing to never stop learning. We have a passion for new technologies and understand how they can help deal with today’s business challenges. We have confidence in our ideas but we are modest about how we conduct ourselves.
What are we looking for?
As a Programme Manager in the Technology practice, you will be a leading member of each Capco team you join. Your management, business and technology expertise will help clients get the strategic benefits they need from their major programmes of work.
Your role will be to help client optimise their programmes of work by providing support and leadership that bridges the technology and business requirements across multiple projects.
- You will manage major programmes on behalf of your clients, using your programme management skills, technology expertise and the teams of consultants you lead.
- Oversee planning, execution and tracking of a series of projects across multiple markets and geographies within both the technology and business domains.
- Bring together senior technology and business team members, project leads and others to achieve strategic goals.
- Contribute to sales processes by assessing opportunities, developing proposals and helping close deals.
To be successful in this role you will need to show that you:
- Can build and maintain great working relationships regardless of seniority or background, proactively supporting, developing and sharing knowledge, ad hoc and as a formal coach.
- Have experience of leading large scale programmes comprising simultaneous projects in the financial services industry, delivering business outcomes in line with programme timescales and business strategy. You might demonstrate this through one or more of Scrum, SAFe, PRINCE2 certifications or general experience.
- Experience in 3 or more of the following technical competencies: Technical deliver, Agile transformation, IT Transformation, Program or Portfolio Architecture.
- Understand software development principles, lifecycle models and methodologies within agile and scrum, as well as innovative technologies and how to shape IT strategy and delivery to leverage these.
- Have a proven track record in successfully and pro-actively managing both internal and external stakeholders.
- Can apply your abilities with technical and non-technical people, across business and IT domains.
- Can build a network of trusted relationships, influencing client decision-making to achieve individual commercial targets through sales or project management.
To enjoy our working environment you will need to:
- Be modest in how you conduct yourself but still demonstrate confidence in your ideas.
- Display intellectual curiosity and a willingness to learn.
- Work well with a team and lead with clarity and sensitivity at all times.
- Be comfortable working on Capco/Client site up to 3 days a week depending on assignment.
WHY JOIN CAPCO?
Because you are curious, because you want to know what is going on inside engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world and because you want to work on projects that transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture
- Enhanced and competitive family friendly benefits, including maternity / adoption / shared parental leave and paid leave for sickness, pregnancy loss, fertility treatment, menopause and bereavement