About the Team:
Capco Digital is a new-wave consultancy that leverages a fintech start-up approach to solve for our clients’ most difficult problems. Our industry experts work closely with our innovation lab, where we design, prototype, and build bespoke solutions to real-world problems, leveraging new and emerging technologies. We combine design, advanced technologies, analytics, change management expertise, and modern delivery, to rapidly get our clients to market with a better solution.
Our environment is entrepreneurial, high-energy, and collaborative. Each team member is empowered to share, impart, and utilize their skills and expertise to develop the best possible solution for our client. We encourage innovation, dissent, solutioning, and leadership across all levels.
About the Job:
The UX Designer will have a passion for User Experience principles and interaction design. They will be an experienced and creative UX designer who is deeply passionate about design, product, and the end-to-end user experience. They will have the opportunity to work with multidisciplinary teams and influence user experience through problem solving and implementation. We’re looking for a team player who excels at collaboration and enjoys mentoring others, as well.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Lead the work on functional areas in small, agile design teams on client projects to follow best practices and create compelling, intuitive, and innovative user-centered experiences across the banking, insurance, capital markets, FinTech and energy industries
- Facilitate client discovery workshops with product managers, engineers, designers, and other cross-functional stakeholders
- Lead and conduct user research, including drafting research plans, conducting interviews, writing discussion guides for concept validation or usability tests, and synthesizing feedback into actionable read-outs or reports
- Provide insights to the product development team and document user goals, needs, motivations and pain points through user personas, use cases, and experience maps
- Create user flows, storyboards, design mockups, interactive experience prototypes, future state visions and production ready final assets
- Mentor junior designers and researchers through the delivery of creative assets
- Communicate design intent to internal and external teams and clearly represent your design work clearly and persuasively across different audiences with minimal conflict and complication through effective storytelling
- Take ownership of product user experience patterns, creating design systems and style guides that enable designers, developers, and product managers to effectively build intuitive and beautiful products
- Passionately advocate for human-centered design and actively help grow the design culture within Capco and within our clients’ organizations
What You’ll Bring with You:
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates a knowledge of the UI/UX lifecycle, including examples of where you have delivered complex work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- A Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in the study of design including one of the following: Design, Information Architecture, HCI, or equivalent project/portfolio experience (preferred)
- 5+ years of experience design, with a background in banking, capital markets, insurance or energy (preferred)
- Proficiency with wireframing, prototyping and visual design tools (e.g. Sketch, Figma, AdobeXD, InVision)
- Ability to communicate ideas with confidence and create engaging presentations that tell a story and inspire others
- Deep understanding of user experience, user research, interaction design, and service design principles
- A collaborative, Design Thinking mindset and a Lean UX approach (preferred)
- Ability to find just as much value and interest in designing utility enterprise products and consumer facing products
- Understanding and familiarity with research methodologies for both qualitative and quantitative including conducting interviews, contextual enquiries, etc. (as well as leading said activities)
- General understanding of common software project management and Agile development practices
- A desire to hone your craft and create a voice through writing articles, speaking on panels, etc.
A career at Capco is a chance to help reshape the competitive landscape in financial services. We launch new banks, transform existing ones, and help our clients navigate complex change. As consultants, we work on the front-end business design all the way through to technology implementation.
We are the largest Financial Services focused consultancy in the world, serving everyone from global banks to emerging FinTechs, from strategy through digital transformation, design, business consulting, data and analytics, cyber, cloud, technology architecture, and engineering.
Capco is a young and growing firm. We maintain an entrepreneurial spirit and growth mindset, and have minimal bureaucracy. We have no internal silos that get in the way of your career opportunities or ability to focus on our clients and make a difference to the business. We offer the opportunity for everyone to learn rapidly, take on tough challenges, and get promoted quickly. We take pride in our creative, collaborative, diverse, and inclusive culture, where everyone can #BYAW.
We offer highly competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and a work culture focused on innovation and creation of lasting value for our clients and employees.
Ready to take the Next Step?
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. This is an opportunity to make a difference and contribute to a highly successful company with a significant growth trajectory.