Senior Data Architect
Senior Data Architect
Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can and we believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different. Such differences may mean we need to make changes to our process to allow you the best possible platform to succeed, and we are happy to cater to any reasonable adjustments you may require. You will find the section to let us know of these at the bottom of your application form or you can mention it directly to your recruiter at any stage and they will be happy to help.
Capco is global technology and business consultancy with a focus on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry, combining innovative thinking with unique expert know-how. The solutions we offer our customers every day are as diverse as our employees.
- Experts across the Capital Markets, Insurance, Payments, Retail Banking and Wealth & Asset Management domains.
- Deep knowledge in various financial services offerings including Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focused on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture.
Your Capco Day/Key Responsibilities
- You will accompany and lead complex agile consulting projects supporting our clients with data architecture design and delivery.
- You will work with technology leaders across Financial Services to provide best practice guidance for data management and data architecture development and optimization.
- You will build a set of services and capabilities that support Capco’s vision of Modern Data Architecture and our clients’ data journeys to Cloud to enable efficient, transparent and high-quality data management.
- You will have opportunities to assume greater responsibility for your topics, as well as managing small project teams and supporting Capco Data Architecture business development.
- Experience architecting & implementing data strategy, solutions & governance models.
- Experience of aligning data architecture & strategy across multiple programmes, work streams and business units.
- Demonstrable experience using Cloud data technologies to develop enterprise Data platforms.
- Cloud architect/data architect certifications (AWS, GPC, Azure).
- Knowledge of the relevant procedures, architectures and technologies in one or more of the following topics:
- Contextual Data Modelling, Entity Relationship Modelling, Logical & Physical Data Modelling and Data Lake design.
- Experience designing and implementing cloud data migration and storage patterns on one or more of AWS, GCP and Microsoft Azure
- Experience implementing and integrating data management platforms for data cataloguing, classification and metadata management.
- Experience with cloud centric ETL technologies and tools (Lake Formation, Spark, Dataflow and others).
- Experience designing and developing data privacy, security and entitlements frameworks for cloud provider ecosystems (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Good understanding of cloud networking architecture, operations, automation and cost management.
- Ideally, relevant practical project experience in Financial Services with proven leadership skills and ability to operate in complex environments/projects, managing multiple stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
- An understanding or interest in Graph computing and semantic data modelling.
- A credible individual who can communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Effective teamworking with very good analytical and conceptual skills and assertiveness.
Data at Capco
Capco’s global Data Practice of 800+ practitioners are an established team of data strategists, analysts, scientists, architects, and engineers who help client teams harness the power of data to drive insight, optimise performance, and commercialise data opportunities. We enable financial institutions to become data-driven by helping transform their understanding, and use of data to derive value. We translate strategy into action – designing, implementing, and mobilising innovative data capabilities with a focus on efficiency and scalability, and partnering with leading vendors and industry bodies.
Collaboration, enthusiasm, and encouragement are key in ensuring we maintain our culture through working in an environment where clients become colleagues. We are looking for a candidate who will empower the team, drive high standards, grow the capability, and deliver customer focused outcomes.
Our clients and peers have voted us as the A-Team Best Consultancy in Data Management in consecutive years, valuing our ability to identify and develop top data talent. In addition to this, we have proudly won both the Best Consultancy (2022) in the British Banking Awards and the Best ESG Data & Technology Consultancy as part of the annual ESG Insight Awards.
WHY JOIN CAPCO?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture
- Enhanced and competitive family friendly benefits, including maternity / adoption / shared parental leave and paid leave for sickness, pregnancy loss, fertility treatment, menopause and bereavement.