Senior Data Scientist
Senior Data Scientist
Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can and we believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different. Such differences may mean we need to make changes to our process to allow you the best possible platform to succeed, and we are happy to cater to any reasonable adjustments you may require. You will find the section to let us know of these at the bottom of your application form or you can mention it directly to your recruiter at any stage and they will be happy to help.
Capco is global technology and business consultancy with a focus on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry, combining innovative thinking with unique expert know-how. The solutions we offer our customers every day are as diverse as our employees.
- Experts across the Capital Markets, Insurance, Payments, Retail Banking and Wealth & Asset Management domains.
- Deep knowledge in various financial services offerings including Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focused on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture.
What we’re looking for:
As part of our on-going global expansion strategy, we are currently hiring Senior Data Scientists as Capco continues to grow it's UK Data Practice in our London office.
The Senior Data Scientist should be experienced in using statistical, algorithmic, mining and/or visualisation techniques to address complex business problems. You will be an SME on data science / ML solutions and use case development.
The successful candidate will advise the Data Scientists and Engineers on technical requirements around the model design, model architecture, model calibration, solution design, and solutions output In addition to this, they will be expected to leverage their expertise to train and grow Data Scientists at a range of experience levels.
- Develop prototype and proof of concept solutions making use of cutting-edge AI, machine learning and statistical approaches to solve real-world and business problems
- Technically lead multiple pods of data science & engineers to develop solutions from a business problem into POCs, MVPs, or fully-fledged solutions while collaborating closely with domain experts.
- Help transition from development environment to production
- Act as a subject matter expert in data science and machine learning and coach other data scientists
Analytics, modelling or software development experience including coding/software development skills. In particular:
- Hands-on experience in building and implementing data science and machine learning solutions to tackle business problems
- Comfort with rapid prototyping and disciplined software development processes
- Experience with Python, ML libraries (e.g. spaCy, NumPy, SciPy, Transformers, etc.)data tools and technologies (Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Redshift, SQL), and toolkits for ML and deep learning (SparkML, Tensorflow, Keras)
- Demonstrated ability to work on multi-disciplinary teams with diverse skillsets
- Deploying machine learning models and systems to production (DevOps, MLOps, CI/CD)
- Experience of working in cloud environments (Azure, GCP, AWS)
You are also expected to have:
- Higher level degree (MsC/PhD) in a numerate discipline.
- Excellent leadership skills
- Able to articulate complex data science concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Banking and/or Financial Services experience.
- Entries into Kaggle Competitions
- Creativity, resourcefulness and a collaborative spirit
Data at Capco
Capco’s global Data Practice of 800+ practitioners are an established team of data strategists, analysts, scientists, architects, and engineers who help client teams harness the power of data to drive insight, optimise performance, and commercialise data opportunities. We enable financial institutions to become data-driven by helping transform their understanding, and use of data to derive value. We translate strategy into action – designing, implementing, and mobilising innovative data capabilities with a focus on efficiency and scalability, and partnering with leading vendors and industry bodies.
Collaboration, enthusiasm, and encouragement are key in ensuring we maintain our culture through working in an environment where clients become colleagues. We are looking for a candidate who will empower the team, drive high standards, grow the capability, and deliver customer focused outcomes.
Our clients and peers have voted us as the A-Team Best Consultancy in Data Management in consecutive years, valuing our ability to identify and develop top data talent. In addition to this, we have proudly won both the Best Consultancy (2022) in the British Banking Awards and the Best ESG Data & Technology Consultancy as part of the annual ESG Insight Awards.
WHY JOIN CAPCO?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture
- Enhanced and competitive family friendly benefits, including maternity / adoption / shared parental leave and paid leave for sickness, pregnancy loss, fertility treatment, menopause and bereavement.