Clark Construction Group
The Chief Engineer is responsible for engineering operations and directing vendors and subcontractors. Clark Facilities performs complex preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, equipment and grounds. The ideal candidate must be able to work with limited supervision to monitor building system operations and performance. The Chief Engineer utilizes several trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating, and cooling.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and Company directives related to building operations and work safety
- Leads operations, assigns work orders, and/or provides technical and procedural training of coworkers and subcontractors
- Coordinates with Facility Manager to schedule preventive maintenance and other downtime to minimize business interruption and inconvenience.
- Create and implement a preventive maintenance program to ensure that building machinery and systems meet or exceed the design reliability and their rated life.
- Monitors building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves environmental conditions prescribed by client.
- Oversees and inspects the work performed by engineering staff. Determines that work is complete, equipment is fully functional and client space is in prime working condition.
- Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
- Provides assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers.
- Conducts advanced financial analysis.
- All candidates must be able to obtain a security clearance. Preference will be given to applicants with a current security clearance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide timely, reliable, and courteous service to customers. Responds effectively to sensitive issues.
- Advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Physical requirements to include stooping, standing, climbing and frequent lifting of a maximum of 50 lbs. Must have the ability to operate an EMS and CMMS system. Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and make well-informed decisions.
- Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines.
- Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and a minimum of seven years related experience and/or trade school training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Alignment to Clark Standards of Excellence: Self-Motivated, Results Oriented, Adaptable, Team Player, Accountable, Ethical, Innovative, Resilient, Builds Relationships