Supply Chain Development Associate - Manufacturing Track
The Manufacturing Development Program (MDP) provides an accelerated training program for college graduates who have proven their ability to excel in today's fast-paced manufacturing environment. The program will provide graduates, who wish to pursue a career in manufacturing, with exposure to the various facets of Supply Chain within a diverse manufacturing organization. The MDP is designed to provide ConAgra Foods with future manufacturing leaders. The MDP will build on an associate's technical skillsets by providing exposure to experienced ConAgra Foods professionals through various manufacturing -settings.
The Program is structured to last 36 months. During this time, the Manufacturing Development Associates (MDAs) will complete two distinct roles within one or more plant location(s). First, the MDA will be in the process lead role for 12-18 months. Once they have completed the process lead role, MDAs will be promoted to the line lead role at the same or at a different plant in the ConAgra Foods Supply Chain network. Position responsibilities for the process lead and the line lead role can be found below.
- Owns reliability improvement for an assigned production line using reliability tools that the MDA will be trained on throughout the program.
- Develops the operating teams' technical understanding and mastery of process control.
- Verifies the accuracy of the operating equipment efficiency data and works with line leads, maintenance leads and other plant leads to address gaps.
- Coaches plant resources in the implementation of the improvement methodology.
- Supports continuous improvement goals in safety, quality, cost, and customer service.
- Develops implementation plans and standards and/or leads the planning and implementation for one or more critical improvement processes.
- Conducts analysis for data trends on raw material, work in process, and finished product. Analyzes trends and/or process control opportunities and challenges.
- Learns core-responsibilities in the ConAgra Performance System (CPS)
- Write/update Standard Operating Procedures and associated training documents
- Owns results and loss reduction, as well as capability for assigned production line.
- Owns personal action plans that drive improvement for the plants.
- Manages production staff to attain production and quality goals (including hiring and disciplining).
- Manages and owns various functions of the business and creates an engaged and team oriented work force in order to improve business results.
- Identifies problems or bottlenecks in production processes and resolves issues.
- Ensures production resources including materials, equipment and human resources are available as needed to maintain production schedules.
- Provides training and qualifies plant resources. Tracks implementation and qualified resources.
- Assures products meet and/or exceed the requirements specified by our internal and/or external customers including government regulations
- Ensures required information for products, policies and procedures are documented, updated, and available when requested
- Creates and leads an engaged team oriented workforce
- Bachelor's degree in programs related to Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations, Supply Chain Management, Business Management, Food Science or Agriculture
- Overall GPA of 2.75
- Leadership experience
- Desire to grow within the company's Manufacturing Department
- Ability to relocate – perhaps up to 3 times in the first 3 years of employment?
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills.
- Proven leadership ability (i.e. collaboration, influencing & problem solving skills)
- Strong time management and follow-through skills
- Ability to react to day to day situations without losing sight of strategy
- Financial Aptitude (i.e. budget management, cost driver understanding)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee will be exposed to a noisy environment that varies from hot to cold in temperature. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We care about your total well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great pay, incentive opportunity, matching 401(k) and stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development experiences
- Balance: paid-time off, parental leave, flexible work-schedules (subject to your location and role)
Conagra Brands is one of North America's leading branded food companies. We have a rich heritage of making great food, and a team that’s passionate about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye®, Marie Callender's®, Banquet®, Healthy Choice®, Slim Jim®, Reddi-wip®, and Vlasic®, and emerging brands, including Angie's® BOOMCHICKAPOP®, Duke's®, Earth Balance®, Gardein®, and Frontera®.
We pride ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and inclusive culture in the food industry. For more information, visit www.conagrabrands.com.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.