Sanitation and FSQ Supervisor
Responsible for food safety requirements for machinery, equipment and facilities; Develops and maintains plant sanitation programs and procedures; Collaborates with engineers, contractors and plant partners to ensure a clean and sterile facility; Assures compliance with regulatory agencies in regard to sanitation requirements and the use of cleaning and exterminating agents; Responsible for managing and owning various functions of the business and creating an engaged and team oriented work force in order to improve business results.
Food Safety & Quality
- Responsible for reporting food safety and quality concerns to personnel with authority to initiate action
- Shall understand that identification of any failures in these areas is their responsibility
- If a deficiency in Sanitation is noted during facility audits or pre-ops, they are responsible for taking corrective action and reporting the issue to their direct supervisor.
- Directly supervises sanitation activities and sanitation employees to ensure compliance to Enterprise Quality Sanitation Procedures, GFSI standard and regulatory requirements (FDA) within the plant.
- Scheduling of Sanitation team member work hours.
- Meets strategic business needs by being involved in cross-functional teams within the plant to drive sanitation knowledge and improvement.
- Determines resources and provides technical guidance and leadership to plant personnel.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws including interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ordering Janitorial, Chemicals, and Supplies (Requisition input into SAP).
- Advise management on effectiveness of routine plant sanitation and cleaning programs.
- Guide plants during special plant sanitation issues including microbiological and environmental control.
- Provide sanitary design recommendations for new and existing equipment and modification/installation of existing/new equipment.
- Participate in all engineering projects to ensure sanitary design aspects of the project and review/approve project for compliance with Enterprise sanitary design objectives.
- Will possess the ability to utilize computers and relevant software.
Provide food safety and sanitary design review, food safety and sanitation plan and verification procedures for new and/or modified equipment, new equipment start-ups, new product introductions, movement of equipment from one facility to another, or new product introductions to prevent problems resulting from inadequate sanitation procedures.
- Develop and maintain cost effective programs and practices within the plant sanitation program
- Work closely with internal and outside sanitation vendors to improve sanitation performance and costs.
- Track and report key metrics to measure effectiveness
- Develop, Participate, and track Sanitation Business needs goals
- Proactively utilize process metrics and experience to prevent problems that could affect product quality and safety
- Investigate sanitation issues, which are resulting in product contamination, reduced shelf-life, or customer rejection of products
- Aid in the identification of root cause and corrective actions
Work closely with sanitation chemical providers and others to maximize technical expertise and to drive issue resolution within sanitation/pest management Acts as liaison between Preferred Chemical and Pest Management Vendors and plant to maximize services provided.
Education and Training:
- Actively participates in Enterprise sponsored training initiatives and webinars
- Manages technical training for plant sanitation employees and auditors
- Attend technical meetings to continually update knowledge in advances in sanitation and pest control
- Conduct internal sanitation and pest control audits as needed
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees
- Determine training needs for Sanitation team members
- The candidate must have completed the Conagra Certified Sanitarian or be willing to complete the course within an agreed-upon time frame.
Policies & Procedures:
- Develop, Implement and maintain Enterprise Sanitation Procedures within the plant to drive improvement in the overall sanitation program.
- Sanitation improvements in housekeeping and equipment cleanliness, sanitation chemical application, sanitation effectiveness programs
- Development of plant specific sanitation programs in compliance with Enterprise Sanitation Policies/Procedures.
- Track and measure key performance indicators and report out results on a monthly basis to QA Manager & Enterprise Sanitation Manager.
- Delivering effective sanitation training programs to drive sanitation employee’s knowledge in proper sanitation practices/procedures.
- Perform observation audits to verify and validate sanitation tasks against procedures.
- Work with pest management vendors during their service visits to the facility.
- Assure that pest control is managed effectively by tracking, trending and reporting out results.
- Be the on-site resource for pest management activities and the driver of facility repairs/GMP’s to prevent pest egress into the facility.
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills efforts, or working conditions associated with the job; it is intended to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development, and compensation. The incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required
Compensation:Annual Salary: $60,000.00 - $88,000.00
**Conagra Brands will comply with applicable law regarding minimum salaries for exempt employees.
We care about your total well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great pay, incentive opportunity, matching 401(k) and stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development experiences
- Balance: paid-time off, parental leave, flexible work-schedules (subject to your location and role)
Conagra Brands is one of North America's leading branded food companies. Guided by an entrepreneurial spirit, our Company combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus on innovation. Our portfolio is evolving to satisfy people's changing food preferences. Our iconic brands, such as Birds Eye, Duncan Hines, Healthy Choice, Marie Callender's, Reddi-wip, and Slim Jim, and emerging brands, including Angie's BOOMCHICKAPOP, Duke's, Earth Balance, Gardein, and Frontera, offer choices for every occasion.
We pride ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and inclusive culture in the food industry. For more information, visit www.conagrabrands.com.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.