Foodservice Key Account Manager, Vending (Remote in East Region)
This is a remote field position based in a home office. We are flexible on your location throughout the East region (New England, New York Metro, Mid Atlantic preferred) within one hour of a major airport.
As Key Account Manager, reporting to a Regional Sales Manager, you will design and implement programs to maximize sales to Vending/Micro-market operators and distributors in the Eastern US. You will work with our Vending Agency field sales team to deliver sales presentations to key accounts, evaluate selling technique and suggest/demonstrate improvements. Train and motivate Agency sales personnel; work with the Agency in promoting sales accounts by applying sales analyses. Coordinate with other Conagra sales teams on execution of non-commercial compliance and local distributor selling opportunities.
You will also call on accounts directly in other contiguous segments such as:
- Commissaries and Assemblers – who supply vending operators
- Hospitality – who have pantries and other unattended retail
- College & University – bookstores and unattended retail
What You'll Do:
- Achieve assigned case and dollar volume targets by total and assigned category mix (Snacks and Frozen)
- Focus on the Snack and Frozen Categories with Vending Operators, Hospitality Pantry and Micro-Markets
- Guide increased effectiveness of our Vending agency (BBI)
- Manage all assigned distributors and large leverage operators (LLO); target accounts on both a direct basis and with assigned agencies
- Identify and target set list of Vending and Micro-Market accounts for new business
- Deliver annual new business goals
- Develop key account (LLO) plans for main Vending and Micro-Market accounts
- Use insights and market intelligence to identify market opportunities
- Sell in new item offerings to distributors and Vending operator accounts
- Conduct product training, including both agency organizations and distributors
- Develop and execute distributor programs
- Communicate market intelligence with Sales and Category Management Teams
- Up to 50% regional travel
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
- 5+ years sales experience in the food and beverage industry
- Demonstrated sales management experience managing multiple product categories and customers
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge in sales, trade and marketing concepts and methods
- Experience developing and maintaining customer relations and promotions management
- Experience interpreting and using multiple information sources to develop strategy and tactics
- Demonstrated fiscal responsibility
- Proficiency in PC tools and applications; i.e. Salesforce.com
We care about your total well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great pay, incentive opportunity, matching 401(k) and stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development experiences
- Balance: paid-time off, parental leave, flexible work-schedules (subject to your location and role)
Conagra Brands is one of North America's leading branded food companies. We have a rich heritage of making great food, and a team that’s passionate about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye®, Marie Callender's®, Banquet®, Healthy Choice®, Slim Jim®, Reddi-wip®, and Vlasic®, and emerging brands, including Angie's® BOOMCHICKAPOP®, Duke's®, Earth Balance®, Gardein®, and Frontera®.
We pride ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and inclusive culture in the food industry. For more information, visit www.conagrabrands.com.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.