Why Conagra Brands – Council Bluffs:
$18.94 per hour + .50 per hour attendance bonus
- Overtime Eligibility
- Excellent benefit package
- Up to 10 paid Holidays per year
- 401K and vacation
- Company Store
The General Labor position is responsible for a variety of tasks including prep work for operations, rotating between line positions, opening and dumping bags of ingredients into filler equipment, filling nesting trays and carton magazines, assembling cases, hand placing product onto line, packing finished cartons into cases, and performing housekeeping and cleanup while following all safety regulations and ensuring all GMP and quality standards are met.
Starting pay up to $18.94 per hour + Attendance Bonus! ($0.50 for first shift and $0.60 for second shift)
This role will be onsite at the facility located in Council Bluffs, Iowa. As a general labor, you will report to the operations team.
- Work the scheduled/assigned times and required overtime for position
- Follow instruction
- Use manufacturing equipment and tools used to perform the job.
- Communication with individuals in the production line
- Work with others as a team
- Lift up to 50 pounds repetitively
- Put on all required personal protective equipment and safety gear and perform a safety check on equipment to be used in the daily operations and insure that all safety devices are functioning properly
- Feed filler equipment with vegetables, protein, fillings and sauces, position boxed meat to work stations, fill nesting hoppers with trays, fill carton magazines, assemble cases, monitor case sealer and monitor dough caps.
- Manually place proper portion of protein into trays as they pass on conveyor
- Manually pack finished cartons of product into cases and push full cases to case sealer
- Manually position empty pallet and hand stack finished cases on pallets
- Keep work area clear and clean, re-seal and put away used components and packaging material, breakdown boxes, place trash in proper receptacles and clean tools and equipment
- Attend daily pre-shift meetings, safety meetings, and other meetings
- Knowledge of GMP's and plant safety
- Understanding of damage/loss
- Knowledge of 5s principles
- Work with pork, chicken, beef and shellfish products in addition to many other ingredients and allergens
Experience Required: Minimum 3 months production or related experience.
We care about your total well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great pay, incentive opportunity, matching 401(k) and stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development experiences
- Balance: paid-time off, parental leave, flexible work-schedules (subject to your location and role)
Conagra Brands is one of North America's leading branded food companies. We have a rich heritage of making great food, and a team that’s passionate about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye®, Marie Callender's®, Banquet®, Healthy Choice®, Slim Jim®, Reddi-wip®, and Vlasic®, and emerging brands, including Angie's® BOOMCHICKAPOP®, Duke's®, Earth Balance®, Gardein®, and Frontera®.
We pride ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and inclusive culture in the food industry. For more information, visit www.conagrabrands.com.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.