Manager Plant Quality
Reporting to the Quality Director for our Council Bluffs, IA facility, you will ensure food safety and quality of all products produced in the plant. Perform inspections of processes, employee training, and compliance with applicable food laws and regulations. Define best lab practices and provide guidance and adherence to quality policies. You will play an important role in the plant leadership team.
- Ensure all plant personnel follow good manufacturing practices including proper waste disposal, personal hygiene and personal practices.
- Work with Operations and Maintenance to lead Food Safety and Quality ownership to the floor.
- Manage plant timelines and important milestones for the Food safety and Quality Improvement Plan and other food safety/quality metrics.
- Analyze and communicate quality and food safety issues, both internal and external (consumer complaints), and initiates applicable corrective measures.
- Ensure compliance to all applicable regulatory agency requirements (USDA, FDA, CFIA), company safety policies and OSHA regulations.
- Liaison with local USDA and FDA inspectors and any other food regulatory officers that visit the plant.
- Provide leadership and compliance on food safety and quality programs, such as HACCP, SQF certification, recall program, environmental monitoring program, and comprehensive pest control program.
- Be a liaison for all technical and QA issues between operations, RQI, and sales/marketing departments.
- Provide corporate with QA assistance involving vendor issues.
- Oversee product quality with regards to new product implementation. Ensure use of applicable MOPD and CQV tools.
- FS&Q pillar owner for Conagra Performance System. Use continuous improvement tools to identify opportunity and development improvement plans.
- Lead Regulatory, Customer (including SQF) and Internal Audit process including responses/corrective actions.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Food Science, or other related program
- 4 years of related QA leadership experience
- Skills in monitoring and measurement of process control, auditing, manufacturing of food products, sanitation process, knowledge of HACCP, SSOP regulations, skills in team leadership, and root cause analysis
- Skills in applying mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis, formalizing process capability, institutionalizing process control and predictive quality process.
- Experience with Continuous Improvement/Lead Manufacturing processes concerning Quality and Food Safety.
Relocation assistance is available for this position. Preference will be given to local candidates.
At this time, we require applicants for this role to be legally authorized to work in the United States without requiring employer sponsorship either now or in the future.
#LI-JC1o perform the essential functions.
We care about your total well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great pay, incentive opportunity, matching 401(k) and stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development experiences
- Balance: paid-time off, parental leave, flexible work-schedules (subject to your location and role)
Conagra Brands is one of North America's leading branded food companies. We have a rich heritage of making great food, and a team that’s passionate about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye®, Marie Callender's®, Banquet®, Healthy Choice®, Slim Jim®, Reddi-wip®, and Vlasic®, and emerging brands, including Angie's® BOOMCHICKAPOP®, Duke's®, Earth Balance®, Gardein®, and Frontera®.
We pride ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and inclusive culture in the food industry. For more information, visit www.conagrabrands.com.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.