Future Foodies - Food Science - Summer 2024
Are you a freshman or sophomore looking for a future in Food Science and Product Development? We’re looking for students who would like to explore Product Development within the world of Research & Development (R&D) in the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry with our Future Foodies program!
What is a Future Foodie?
Future Foodies are freshmen and sophomore students who are interested in exploring opportunities at Conagra Brands, one of North America’s leading branded food companies. You will be given the opportunity to learn from the people who are responsible for some of our iconic brands: Reddi-wip, Slim Jim, Angie’s BOOMCHICKPOP, Chef Boyardee, Swiss Miss and more!
As a Future Foodie, you will spend four days at our Omaha campus to learn more about R&D at Conagra and interview for a 2025 Summer Internship. Your travel, lodging, and meals will be covered by Conagra.
Submit your resume to let us know you’re interested in this invite-only event no later than
11:59pm CT March 15, 2024.
What Can You Expect from the Future Foodie Program?
You will be immersed into Conagra Brands and our R&D Organization for four days. This program will help you expand your knowledge past the classroom and into real world scenarios while learning from people who love food.
Food Scientist foodies, you will learn more about solving food design challenges and designing products that resonate with consumers. Get a view of our cutting-edge R&D facilities, from a spacious super lab to a state-of-the-art kitchen. If you are a true foodie at heart, this experience is perfect for you!
To enhance your overall understanding of our company, we will provide opportunities to network with peers and leaders to gain experience with the scope of career paths available at Conagra Brands.
When: July 15-19, 2024
Location: Omaha, NE
Schedule: 4 Days of Programming + Interviews
Why should you be interested in the Future Foodies Program?
- We set you up for success, connecting you with a mentor prior to the program
- You’ll participate in professional development workshops and sessions
- Network with and learn from our R&D leaders
- You don’t have to stress about getting to the program or where you will stay. Round-trip airfare or reimbursed mileage, as well as hotel accommodations and meals are provided by Conagra as needed
- You will interview for a Summer 2025 Food Scientist/Product Development internship position
Is the Future Foodies Program right for you?
We're looking for college freshmen and sophomores who are interested in learning more about the most energized, highest impact culture in the food industry. If you are craving an opportunity to learn more about the CPG industry and opportunities in R&D then we want to meet you! We encourage you to discover your potential and we will provide you with unparalleled development opportunities.
Do you have what it takes?
- You are currently enrolled in a degree program and will not graduate before August 2025
- You are pursuing a degree in food science or a related program of study
- You have an interest in working in Research & Development in a CPG company
- You are willing to travel to Omaha for the duration of the program
- Submit your application by 11:59 p.m. CT on March 15, 2024
We will reach out and schedule meet-and-greet conversations by mid-April
What Can I Expect from Conagra’s Internship Program?
Conagra’s Internship Program is an 11-week journey that provides a hands-on experience to currently enrolled students, preparing them for a career post-graduation. Our internships are project-based and provide opportunities for professional development throughout the summer. Find more information on our student programs pages!
Learn more about:
Conagra’s Diversity & Inclusion journey: https://www.conagrabrands.com/diversity-inclusion
Conagra’s approach to Corporate Social Responsibility: https://www.conagrabrands.com/our-company/corporate-social-responsibility
We care about your total well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great pay, incentive opportunity, matching 401(k) and stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development experiences
- Balance: paid-time off, parental leave, flexible work-schedules (subject to your location and role)
Conagra Brands is one of North America's leading branded food companies. We have a rich heritage of making great food, and a team that’s passionate about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye®, Marie Callender's®, Banquet®, Healthy Choice®, Slim Jim®, Reddi-wip®, and Vlasic®, and emerging brands, including Angie's® BOOMCHICKAPOP®, Duke's®, Earth Balance®, Gardein®, and Frontera®.
We pride ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and inclusive culture in the food industry. For more information, visit www.conagrabrands.com.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.