Manager, Government Affairs
Job Description Summary
Conagra Brands is looking for an experienced Manager, Government Affairs to help manage government affairs activities for the company in its Washington, D.C. location. You will be part of Conagra's Legal & Gov't Affairs function and will report to the Vice President for Government Affairs in Washington, DC. Specific activities include representing the company before elected officials and their staff, helping create legislative advocacy strategies on issues of importance to the business.
- Help develop and execute Conagra's Gov't Affairs strategy, including direct lobbying of policymakers, coalition building and leveraging of relationships with industry trade groups.
- Represent the company before elected officials and their staff on issues of importance to the business
- Build and maintain relationships with elected officials and their staff, lobbying them on policy developments impacting the company, including the spaces of nutrition, product safety, sustainability and supply chain.
- Engage with industry trade association committees and working groups to help drive Conagra's policy agenda.
- Identify and assess the impact of legislative, regulatory and non-governmental (e.g. NGO) developments that could impact the company/industry at the federal, state and international level.
- Maintain issue trackers and prioritized Gov't Affairs issues matrix for internal visibility to issues of importance to the company and to help ensure internal alignment on advocacy efforts.
- Curate communications materials for both internal and external audiences, including but not limited to lobbying materials for Hill engagement and internal updates and presentations for cross-functional teams.
- Support management of the company's Political Action Committee, including compliance activities and the execution of employee PAC solicitation campaigns
- Additional gov't affairs functional support as directed by manager
- Bachelor's Degree Required. Degree in Political Science/Government preferred but not required.
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience with – and a working understanding of – the legislative and administrative policymaking process at the federal and/or state level. Ideal experience would include current or past roles in a federal or state governmental capacity and/or a government affairs role in a corporate or trade association environment.
- Knowledge of and experience working on food industry-specific issues preferred but not required.
- Ability to communicate effectively and build and foster effective relationships with internal constituents from employees to senior management, and external organizations including elected officials and associated staff, government agencies, non-governmental organizations, and trade associations.
- Ability to understand how technical language in legislative and regulatory proposals could affect corporate operations, identify business implications, and synthesize policy documents for relevant stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Experience with Political Action Committee compliance preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to influence, negotiate with, and persuade others.
- Proficiency in the following applications: Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Excel, Teams, Outlook.
Number of Days in Office: 4
We care about your total well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great pay, incentive opportunity, matching 401(k) and stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development experiences
- Balance: paid-time off, parental leave, flexible work-schedules (subject to your location and role)
Conagra Brands is one of North America's leading branded food companies. We have a rich heritage of making great food, and a team that’s passionate about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye®, Marie Callender's®, Banquet®, Healthy Choice®, Slim Jim®, Reddi-wip®, and Vlasic®, and emerging brands, including Angie's® BOOMCHICKAPOP®, Duke's®, Earth Balance®, Gardein®, and Frontera®.
We pride ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and inclusive culture in the food industry. For more information, visit www.conagrabrands.com.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.