Network System Engineer
Networking Pre-Sales Engineer (Systems Engineer): Mumbai
Additional Locations: Delhi, Bengaluru
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Networking Pre-Sales Engineer in our Networking team in India.
From developing new accounts to driving expansion across existing accounts, our Direct Sales team transforms opportunity into action everyday. Whether focusing on a geography, product line, industry, channel or market segment, their goal is the same: to develop relationships with the end-users of the organization and generate meaningful sales. They are the direct line between our ground-breaking portfolio of product solutions and the desks of satisfied customers.
What will you achieve
A fantastic opportunity to join one of the most dynamic sales teams in Dell EMC to help drive Network technology solutions in India. you will effectively collaborate with other teams, including the direct sales team, channel, professional services, marketing, finance and other external parties that compliment your pre-sales activities.
- Sell and architect DC & Edge networking solutions and persuade technical personnel at Cloud Service Providers, Large & Medium Enterprises, government and Telco alike on the value of Dell Networking solutions.
- Evangelize Dell Networking, Open Networking philosophy and its cause and build strong relationship with customer side CXOs to help in positioning Dell portfolio. Collaborate with the Server & Storage System Engineers to create Networking space around all Server/Storage technology we sell.
- Deliver Network pre-sales presentations, demo and PoC to customers and partners.
- Position yourself as the defacto network advisor/consultant for partners, GSIs, customer teams who customers would look forward to reach out to for advice.
- Support sales efforts through on-site meetings, group presentations and marketing activities, webinar presentations, wherever needed.
- Collaborate with complimentary technology players on SDWAN, Security, Orchestration application players, so that together with them we can position overall Network and Security architecture to large enterprises.
- Manage and own all technical aspects of the pre-sales cycle, including initial requirement collection/understanding, pitching for Dell networking products, RFP compliances and suggesting best fit, evaluating competition models and suggest best fit from our stable on commercial and technical front.
- Own the technical relationship with customers, partners and resellers through technical training, problem escalation and new feature requests. Maintain a strong market awareness and knowledge of competitive technologies to best position DELL Networking Solutions
- Provide prompt feedback to and be ready to aid product management and engineering on future direction of the product & Networking pre-sales technical support to field sales teams during the sales process. Accountable for the technical validity and interoperability of solution and the direct relationship with the customers’ strategic business plans.
- Ability to create, share a Point of View specially on SDN, Open Networking, newer, emerging network technical areas around Data center side.
- Expertise and technology understanding for Data Center Networking, Campus Networking, Routing, SDWAN and Security solutions is must,
- Competitive knowledge of equivalent products and commercial positioning, DC market knowledge will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience creating access control lists (ACLs) on routers and switches; recent experience using the CLI on major router and switch vendors, hands on implementation experience will be a big positive.
- Understanding and Designing and Architecting solutions for Key Industry Trends – Micro-Segmentation, Network Automation, Multi-Site Datacenters, Network Visibility, Multi-Tenant / Network Virtualization, and L4-7 Service Insertion – is a significant part of this role; ability to demonstrate a knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP, UDP)
- Working experience with VLANs and IP subnetting & experience using routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP
- Experience on SDN, Network automation though Perl/Python/Ansible Scripting and also experience in building network fabric based on BGP-EVPN, VXLAN will be an added advantage.
- Ability to present to an audience of mixed roles and technical abilities within an organization
- 12-15 years of experience as a pre-sales Systems/Sales Engineer and Technical certifications like VCP, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, JNCP, JNCIA are plus;
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more. We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 15th Oct, 2023
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.